BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i click on forum from the main page and it shows the rooms, oen room, bike tech, classifieds, ect
all is well. Looks normal and non cluttered.
If i click a room, like open forum. The first 3 sub forums appear normally.
But then all the threads below are showing soooo much info from in the thread. Its kind of annoying. I dont know when this started exactly. Maybe last 30-45 days???
Anyone have any idea how to change this?

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Check out the new posts section and the way bacchus40s user name is overlaid on the post.

Also seems the site uploader is bustimicated. It just goes to a greyed out box when you hit manage attachments.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
Check out the new posts section and the way bacchus40s user name is overlaid on the post.

Also seems the site uploader is bustimicated. It just goes to a greyed out box when you hit manage attachments.
yeah i've been noticing that as well.. i always see weird words overlapped here and there, gave me a bit of a headache so i stopped trying to read :laughing

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heisenberg's link is exactly what i was talking anout. is it in some kinda of settings or a site thing?
i looked till i got pissed off,, could not change anything in my settings that fixed it.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
hey all,

I cannot seem to recreate this viewing error but i believe you with the screenshots. its too much descriptions kind of thing? can i know what browsers you all are using to see this? on firefox, im not seeing the issue. the only thing i feel you are talking about is the long descriptions, but i could be completely wrong. let me know your browsers, and can i get a close up of the words overlapping and parts where the layout is breaking? let me know.

so far, i see the long descriptions and long tidbits from threads, but i do not see any overlap, and the new posts section does not have that, it just has the subject of the topic and when you hover over, it shows you a brief preview of a post, but no overlaps from what i saw.

im on firefox and using windows 7.

let me know all and we can get this figured out.

~Shane

·
Administrator
316 Posts
Hey guys,

We can reduce how much text is shown as a preview for threads when in a specific forum section if the majority wants and the mods approve. right now it is set to show 300 characters of the thread, but we can set that to just show 100 characters. That would reduce how much copy is shown.

In regards to the pages that were shown in the screenshots; that is the forum index page. The copy there is the forum section description and unfortunately the only way to hide that would be to remove the descriptions, which may be helpful to folks who don't know where to make their posts.

~Sheena

1 - 10 of 10 Posts