BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help

Im too short for the supersport bikes. I would really like to get a honda f4i or gsxr 600, but i can bearly touch the ground on them. Any advice, i cant be the only one with this problem? Ive been riding for two years and am makeing the leap from cruisers to sport bikes hpefully.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
search for lowering a bike, shaving a seat, dog bones.

they are all things that will let a shorter rider get on a taller bike with comfort.

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
I'm 5'4" and ride an F4i that is stock, not lowered. As long as you can get one foot down when stopped, you'll get used to it.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Sport bikes are kinda high and you shouldn't expect to be able to plant both feet on the ground. Like Andrea said, if you can get one foot down, you're okay. You'll get used to it soon and it'll feel like nothing.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I could get both feet down on my 500 ninja and I'm only 5'2", they just adjusted the suspension and I was good to go

·
Registered
334 Posts
My Licence says i am 5ft tall ( which is a lie i am shorter than that) i ride a XB12Scg and rode a katana,Kawi 636,a sv650s, the list goes on. You can lower them.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
all bikes can be lowered, don't shave the seat.
When you lower a bike, don't you also reduce the clearance making it less leanable in the corners? Wouldn't it be better to shave the seat because of that?

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
I wouldn't worry about ground clearance. If the person is not confident enough to start off on one leg or tippy toes then they won't need all the lean angle.

Lowering link is easy to install and remove. Shaved seat isn't and can be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
What ^^^^^^ he said.

Who cares about maximum lean angle and crap for a beginner rider. 90% of the experienced riders out there can't hit maximum lean angle. When the rider gets more comfortable the bike can be set up stock again. Personally, on the street a lowered bike is way more fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you are going to shave a seat, don't shave the top, shave the sides, making it narrower between your legs. your legs will be straighter, and you will be able to touch ground better.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow, that definately gets filed under the list of things I really never wanted to know about Doug.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys!

so i guess lowering is the way to go, im 5.2 btw. once i get comfortable i figure it will be a no issue its just finding one i like to begin with!

any suggestions are the best one to get? i wanted to test ride them, but being that i havent riden a bike that size before i dont think id get the enough out of one ride to figure out which i like better! simply because id be nervous riding on tippy-toes with that much power :D

·
Ibiza (never again)......
375 Posts
thanks guys!

so i guess lowering is the way to go, im 5.2 btw. once i get comfortable i figure it will be a no issue its just finding one i like to begin with!

any suggestions are the best one to get? i wanted to test ride them, but being that i havent riden a bike that size before i dont think id get the enough out of one ride to figure out which i like better! simply because id be nervous riding on tippy-toes with that much power :D
MOTARD!!!!!:evilgrin

·
es ist orange und bellt
1,784 Posts
Join the Cult of Motard....you'll love it, it's a way of life.

Motard Madness!:devillook

1 - 20 of 33 Posts