1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top 10 reasons why you
won't ride on the track:

10. I don't have Leathers.
A new set of leathers cost from $300-$3,000 dollars. A good set will last several years and there is a couple of companies that sell used leathers and let you trade old ones in.
Denied.

9. I don't have boots.
Over the ankle work boots can be used in a pinch. Chaparral has many different brands and styles that sell for as low as $60 per pair. If you care about your ankles, pony up and get a pair.
Next

8. I don't have a way to get up to the track.
Everybody has a friend with a truck. Trust me, I have a truck and I have lots of "friends". U-hauls rent for as low as $19.95/day + Mileage and cargo vans are even less. Worse comes to worse, ride up. Just don't crash. It's a long way to push a bike.
Keep trying.

7. I'm worried about my bodywork if I crash.
A set of sliders are about $100 or less. Where are you most likely to crash? Around a blind canyon road with dirt in the middle or a track that is swept clean.
Nope, next.

6. I'll be the slowest guy out there.
Who cares? It's not a race. Chances are you won't be the slowest out there. And you probably won't be the fastest either. There's always someone slower or faster then you. Just ride in the group with similar skill level as yours.
Don't think so. Nice try though.

5. I don't ride a Sportbike.
So. Get passed once by a guy on Super Motard on the outside of corner, and you quickly realize it's not the bike, but the rider.
Good try.

4. It's too expensive.
With track day prices as low as $100 a day, it's the most fun you can have legally (except for Pahrump, NV).
Nuff said.

3. It's to far to the track.
BS. People in other states travel 12 hours or more sometimes just to get to a close track. Willow Springs, Button Willow or California Speedway are all within a few hours of anywhere in SoCal. Take advantage of the location in which we live.
Running low on excuses now.

2. I can't get the day off.
Many track days are now running on weekends.
Next.

1. Why should I pay to ride someplace?
I can just ride the canyons.
Sure you can ride the local HWY One speeding ticket is more then one track day. An ambulance ride cost more then two track days. A insurance deductible is more then 3 track days. Crash on city streets or HWY's, total your bike and get a ticket all in the same day (easily done) and you could have bought a set of leathers, boots and a track day

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
WILD FX said:
Top 10 reasons why you
won't ride on the track:

9. I don't have boots.
Over the ankle work boots can be used in a pinch. Chaparral has many different brands and styles that sell for as low as $60 per pair. If you care about your ankles, pony up and get a pair.
Next
what's chaparral?

4. It's too expensive.
With track day prices as low as $100 a day, it's the most fun you can have legally (except for Pahrump, NV).
Nuff said.[/B]
what's pahrump, nv?

3. It's to far to the track.
BS. People in other states travel 12 hours or more sometimes just to get to a close track. Willow Springs, Button Willow or California Speedway are all within a few hours of anywhere in SoCal. Take advantage of the location in which we live.
Running low on excuses now.[/B]
are there any local tracks (i know one - missoin)

Thanks,
-D :)

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
spokane has a track coming up on 19 and 20 of may

I pulled it from another site but I would think that Pahrump ,NV would be a place in Navada.

Get one cube van and a few bikes .I would be into it for sure:thumbup
Chaperal I belive makes work boots(leather) company??

·
Registered
725 Posts
yep, that is my last week of work before i leave on study break i will be there for sure, i want to see you rip it up on the RC

you will be in japan for this one right?????? if you see any cool patches for leathers wanna grab me a couple???????:D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Well, I certainly can't argue with anything here. But I will offer an alternative answer for No7. "You're just as likely to crash and ruin your body work learning to do stand up wheelies or stoppies. And from what I've seen on the site the past while there is lots of intrest in that form of riding.

What I love about the track is that you come back to the SAME corner time after time so you can start slow, build confidence and work up to what you and the bike are capable of in a steady manner before you have a weekend or more to forget about it...... well at least I would HOPE that none of us forgets about the corners in only one lap.... :D

All styles of riding are fine in my book but if you really want to let your bike do what it was bred for by evolution then the track is the place to be. The don't call them "racer replicas" for nothing....

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
I don't have the money to get a second bike, don't want to crash my only bike w/o insurance (which I pay for and don't wanna void), and think personally that paying for a track day, prep, sliders etc is costly just for a chance to highside 10 grand right outta my wallet. BOOM. Fun or not, I can't cover that.

If you want to insure me 100%, I'll pay you twice my ICBC rate on track days. Write it up, where do I sign :p.

·
518 Posts
Well, to me the closest and cheapest thing to real racing is pocketbike racing, if you can fit your ass on the damn things...
and when you crash, you don't get injured at all....you just get up and laugh....

but one day I would love to get out on some track or another.....
i'm not worried about crashing my bike at all..... just gotta safety wire the bike ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts