BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on an exhausting search for a Toyota pick up. I finally found one that I really liked. It was a 2000 Tacoma regular cab with 4 wheel drive. I got the loan in place etc. I took for one last test run down the freeway, and low and behold the oil light kept comin on and off. I had a mechanic do a check on the truck, and the oil pump was only pumping at around 17 psi...this could be minor, or it could be major, either way I walked away from the deal. So I am back to square one agian searching for a Toyota pickup between 98-2001, and I am still havin a hell of a time:surrender

I can flip through the buy and sell and see tons of Chevys, Fords Dodges etc, but Toyotas are either not in there or they are super pricey. Anyone know of, or have a Yota Tacoma, either a reg cab 4x4 with the 2.4 or 2.7 liter 4 cylinder. or a Tacoma ext cab 4x2 with 2.4 or 2.7 liter 4 cylinder?

·
Registered
676 Posts
my mistake, there was a 2.4 engine offered only in 2wd tacomas. i guess i should re-check my homework before i submit it. it's not the 22re though, it's called the 2RZE which i know nothing about.

·
Registered
286 Posts
good luck finding a good used Tacoma that the owner doesn't want an arm and leg for. I ended up buying an 06 TRD Sport double cab.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I've heard those are notoriously difficult trucks to find. Good luck! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts