BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you think you'll be racing this year or even going to track days? I'm thinking of getting a track bike but currently have no method of transportation to the track. Do those of you that truck/trailer ever have an open spot that can be bought with gas/transportation money and beer?

-arai-

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I'm going to go with Kit to his Spokane 2 day Victoria day long weekend event for my first track day with the R6. Transportation is always an issue, I think they may rent a truck, and a few of them (maybe just one) has a pick up that holds a couple of bikes.

Worst case, I have a truck (pathfinder) that can pull a trailer (that's rentable from Budget, etc..) and I can throw my bike on the back of that, I think two fit though.. I'll need to talk with Kit to see.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
arai said:
how many of you think you'll be racing this year or even going to track days? I'm thinking of getting a track bike but currently have no method of transportation to the track. Do those of you that truck/trailer ever have an open spot that can be bought with gas/transportation money and beer?

-arai-
i'll be going to the drag strip this year in mission, but wont do any track days until I have a backup form of transportation in case I wad my bike.... If I wad the bike, I'll have no way to get myself around :(

but i'm on the lookout for a cheap bike I can use on the track right now....

·
Registered
725 Posts
ya transportation is always an issue

my friends have trailers so i always go with them but the spots are always full. (too many friends who ride:) )

so those who come down recreationally like SMZ and Dalt are usually left to find their own transportation

usually they rent a trailer and tow it with someones truck, cause most rental places charge kms and the tracks are really far

if a couple of you guys are serious i would suggest chipping in together and buying a three bike trailer, if you do a couple days in the year it would pay for itself, just keep an eye open in the buy and sell

T

·
0 Posts
kit, you should ask Pat if he can give out deals on one ton truck for track days if you guys rent 2 or 3 at the same time.

tc

·
Registered
725 Posts
ya sounds good, when it gets closer ill get these guys to talk to adam and when solid numbers are confirmed ill ask pat

ps Pat owns a budget (lucky bastard)

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
pat wouldn't even let me rent the 6speed miata but maybe that's cause im under 25:D

pat's kOOL though and so is phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts