BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never seen so much traffic in the Okanagan as I have lately. It's painful trying to get anywhere. I'm thinking late night riding to escape the hordes, but the deer ....oh dear.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,276 Posts
Not sure where you are in the OK, but I've noticed an uptick in traffic in Vernon, too. Lots of tourists, as is summer tradition. Seems to mostly be during the 2-5pm time frame. Outside of that it's pretty quiet and painless.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess everyone decided to hit the road after we "flattened the curve". Recent rides to kelowna and osoyoos were bit of a gong show. Traffic backed up in peachland, west kelowna. Osoyoos can be a nightmare coming back from anarchist at times but its worse than normal. Great fun in the heat on a sportbike ...lol. I'm just getting old and cranky.

·
Posing with conviction
5,389 Posts
Pretty sure this will be the norm this year with people in the Province doing all their holidaying within the bounds of BC. Weekend traffic in the Lower Mainland and periphery has become plain stupid over the past few weeks. I expect it to get worse if the weather becomes truly summerlike.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not sure where you are in the OK, but I've noticed an uptick in traffic in Vernon, too. Lots of tourists, as is summer tradition. Seems to mostly be during the 2-5pm time frame. Outside of that it's pretty quiet and painless.
I find it the same. Certain times of the day like 2-5pm are barely worth riding locally unfortunately one of my commuting times is 2:30 in the afternoon or 3:30 depending on the week. So often I have no choice but to suffer through it. And despite being able to make good time on a bike some motorists are downright ignorant about getting passed in traffic. My other commuting times are either 6:00am or midnight so atleast one direction is sure to be quiet.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,276 Posts
There are definitely a whole lot of Vancouverites out in the OK this year. OK seems to be getting more and more popular to visit. (Can't blame the bastards, either; it's awesome here.)

With the amount of backcountry trails everywhere in the OK, I think owning a dirt/dual-sport makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My work entails that I travel from the Sea to Sky area to the Lower Mainland and the Central Interior. There is definitely an increase in traffic in most towns at peak times.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,210 Posts
We're noticing it up here too. A midweek drive from Nelson to our property North of Slocan City is usually a handful of vehicles from the junction onward, but this yr it's line up after line up of out of province/out of country plates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts