BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into putting a baja kit on my Beta TR34 Trials bike just so i can get insurance to ride to the trails about two KM from my house. Has anyone tried a baja kit on a trials bike. Can anyone see any problems with this other than i cant stand up on the street. oh and if you were wondering i can do about 110 km/h so speed is not an issue.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Imagine the fun you could have if you went down town.....urban raid style! BC Place's stairs and Yaletown loading docks would be a blast! Do it!

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
shouldn't need a baja kit....the bikes come into the country with lights and stuff to be street legal in most countries except when they come in here the dealers have to remove the light switch assy and things...if you ask nice to your dealer he might give you the parts to make it kinda street legal....i have a gas gas and reinstalled the lighting system for those late nite rides....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input. but i dont think my dealer carries the lights because its an 89

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
is it water cooled with a fan??? if so the charging system will support a light ...i would look at an acerbis head light and perhaps a small tail/brake light then get a brake light switch and hook it into your back brake...you then only need to run a switch to turn everything on or off....oh and try to get it plated/insured...that might be difficult...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its air cooled. but i was thinking about just running led lights and a battery for they use almost no juice. Im not too worried about how well it will light up the road because i can ride fine with no light right now. can anyone see a problem with just running a battery or two?

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
NFG said:
Imagine the fun you could have if you went down town.....urban raid style! BC Place's stairs and Yaletown loading docks would be a blast! Do it!
I was thinkin the same thing except down Georgia more towards Davie to then on down to Stanley Park area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts