BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised that the new Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RR has not been brought up yet.
Thoughts?
I was excited for the 1200, sounds and specs seem outstanding, but I'm not that big on the looks.

I still think the Moto2 765 looks better than anything.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've learned it's so dead here if you want something brought up you have to bring it up!

I'm not a huge triumph fan myself and mostly because of the looks of their bikes to be honest. On the flip side I for one like the mt-10 so who can account for taste? This bike is intriguing to me but the looks, not for me.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Speaking of Triumphs, their new 660 looks like a sweet ride. I might have considered one but dealers figure they're gold plated.

·
track hack
2,030 Posts
I love the new RR and think they nailed in the aesthetics dept - ideal cross between a naked and sportbike and I'm curious to see how the ergo's are, hopefully not full blown crotch rocket but a happy medium.

765 Daytona was awesome (to look at) - 15 years ago when they launched the original 675 Daytona but for a current bike with a premium price tag I can see why dealers can't sell em even heavily discounted.

·
backslider
11,344 Posts
I like the Speed Triple's look/lines, save for the fact that I find all modern sport-bike's tail cowling to be a tad 'short' looking.

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
18,895 Posts
I love the new RR and think they nailed in the aesthetics dept - ideal cross between a naked and sportbike and I'm curious to see how the ergo's are, hopefully not full blown crotch rocket but a happy medium.

765 Daytona was awesome (to look at) - 15 years ago when they launched the original 675 Daytona but for a current bike with a premium price tag I can see why dealers can't sell em even heavily discounted.
YEah 20 grand for a 600 class bike is a joke.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
^^^ Jay, 20 grand? really?
( I had no idea...)

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In June this year the Moto2 edition Triumph 765 triple was on sale for $13,999 at Int'l Moto.
Seemed like a good deal, if I needed a third ride...

·
track hack
2,030 Posts
In June this year the Moto2 edition Triumph 765 triple was on sale for $13,999 at Int'l Moto.
Seemed like a good deal, if I needed a third ride...
$5k off was a great discount.

....until you call Intl and ask for an OTD price like I did.

$2500 if fee's
$2300 taxes

A smidge under $19K OTD - nuts, especially when you factor in the replacement parts cost, the fact it's in a higher insurance bracket(750-1100cc) and requires a $25,000 replacement value policy), and after that $19K you are still riding a bike with less performance than a 2000+ Gix750.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts