BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you listen to music on long rides? Can you buy a radio or a mp3 player of some sort to hook up to your helmet? Something like an ear piece, like headphones or something for the inside of your helmet?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess you could just buy a normal mp3 player, they're pretty small, and just run the headphones through from inside the jacket and then through your helmet. And either mount the mp3 player on the tank somehow, or just strap it to your waist, or even keep it in one of the inside pockets of your jacket.

Just a thought. If you really did want to listen to music while riding.

·
Registered
465 Posts
FastMickey mentions that the Chatterbox X1 offers inputs for CD/TAPE/MP3/MD .. anything with headphone outputs I guess. The thread is in the parts section.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
the problem is the earphones..
the regular earbud style ones end up hurting your ear.
the padding pushes it in..

i just put my mp3 player in the back pocket of my ballistic jacket it works fairly well other than the earbuds hurting my ears..

-d

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
umm...I don't know about you guys with all this talk of chatterboxes and mp3 players, but unless you are living in saskatchewan, even on the long 1k day rides I have been on, there hasn't been one minute that I wish I had one of those.

Just concentrate on riding and enjoy the scenery, tax your mind, pretend your on a WSB circuit watch for everything, your line, up ahead, cars, people, animals, mileage, for me the only time my mind rests is when I have pulled into a gas stop and am cleaning my visor and grabbing a drink, yet remarkabley after every trip you are more at ease with yourself, your life.

I noticed I was changed somehow after the cascade trip, my first long ride (for which I am forever indebted to Lloyd), seriously not trying to sound corny, but I think after every long ride I have had, planned or unplanned I have felt different, behave different....that is what riding is all about.

Screw the chatterbox, the mp3 player, the GPS, the color of your helmet, the mods. on your bike, ripping it up on Robson for someone else, just ride for yourself

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Woh Farhad, down boy:eek :laughing I have used a sony discman with those panasonic shockwave headphones and you just unhook them from the piece that fits over your head and thenI put my helmet on and stuff them in. Once in position they are so comfy I have ridden from squamish to whistler with them in and had no problems. With the helmet holding them tight, they produce some mind blowing base too.:eek

Here is what they look like.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That would be too sweet listening to music and riding, I tried it once last year with some cheap borrowed walkman. The walkman was in my back sack and the heaphones didn't bother me. Just dont listen to Ruff Ryders Anthem while riding you'll probably end up with a ticket. Whats your guys favorite riding music mind is DMX, Drag-on, Cypress Hill, Rage against the machine.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I made a specific CD just for the bike, and you are right about the ticket thing. You ride like there is no tomorrow when you got music. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
I personally don't like listening to music while I ride, kind of makes me feel unsafe, like I might miss that one crucial horn of a truck pulling out where I don't see it.....I might try it on my trip down to the states though, I have a walkman and a one-ear earpiece, mainly for news and weather though.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I have a 6GB mp3 player, but prefer earplugs for riding. Wind noise + music = hearing loss.

R

·
0 Posts
ain't it dangerous

If you listen to music while your on the bike, and you have ear buds on, then isn't it hard to hear the other things going on around you, because the music is so loud at your ears? What if you have a cop or an ambulance behind you, or someone is honking at you, is it really safe?

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Re: ain't it dangerous

Raman said:
If you listen to music while your on the bike, and you have ear buds on, then isn't it hard to hear the other things going on around you, because the music is so loud at your ears? What if you have a cop or an ambulance behind you, or someone is honking at you, is it really safe?
Normally ppl don't because it reduces your ability to hear. I perfer ear plugs but have yet to wear them on a regular basis. I have ridden in the more remote areas with music and still may do it when in those areas again. Generally, I don't think they are a good idea while riding in traffic.

atom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts