BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to let people know that Tunkwa Lake Road has some massive potholes about 20 km in from either end. I didn't see one of them in time yesterday and now have two bent rims to get fixed or replaced. That was at a slow pace while riding with Lucille and still came very close to a crash. They are now marked with bright green paint.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes. I luckily avoided them, but you come on them blind around a corner if they are the same one I'm thinking of.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Just want to let people know that Tunkwa Lake Road has some massive potholes about 20 km in from either end. I didn't see one of them in time yesterday and now have two bent rims to get fixed or replaced. That was at a slow pace while riding with Lucille and still came very close to a crash. They are now marked with bright green paint.
Did you start, or end, at Savona ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started in Savona. These are 21 km from the Logan Lake end and 20 km from the Savona end. They are worse from Savona, as the "shelf" of about 5 inches height is the part you hit if travelling south. I reported this to Argo Road Maintenance.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I started in Savona. These are 21 km from the Logan Lake end and 20 km from the Savona end. They are worse from Savona, as the "shelf" of about 5 inches height is the part you hit if travelling south. I reported this to Argo Road Maintenance.
Thanks for the heads up, I travel that road a few times a year to my buddies cabin on Leighton lake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts