BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I grew up in Kamloops, and Tunkwa Lake Road was always 'rugged' and far-off in the mountain backcountry to me, so I'd never really considered it as part of the normal day-tripping circuit out of Vancouver. In fact, I didn't realize until recently that it was paved! But I got an invitation from David Morrow to do a loop on Friday, and the autumn weather looked great, so I played hookey from work and away we went. The ride up thru the canyon and into the interior was uneventful and pleasant, with little traffic, altho it was a bit chilly. A potential lunch stop in Savona is now closed, so we turned right and set off. And what a fine experience... The northern half of the route climbs from sage-brush country thru ranches and into the forest, with perfect pavement and a highly varied route. The only 'worry' is cattle, which were encountered two or three times. The southern half is less curvey and more roughly paved, but pleasant, engaging, and perfectly acceptable. We rounded out the ride with a reasonable BLT in a little restaurant (The Country Cafe) in the town centre in Logan Lake; then it was the delicious sweepers of Mamit Lake Rd ( 97C) followed by the frenzy of Hwy 8 back to Spences Bridge... and eventually home. 875kms, 13 hours door-to-door. Nice to have gotten in 'one last ride' before the monsoons arrive.

Here are a few photos as fyi's. Nice country, I think you'll agree.

Tire Wheel Plant Ecoregion Vehicle
:

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Mountain

Cloud Sky Plant Road surface Mountain

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

Reactions: oldgixxer

·
Registered
911 Posts
Do those bags make my ass look big ?

·
backslider
11,335 Posts
nice stuff, boys ...

I squeezed in a Van/Squish/Pemby/Lillooet and back ride ... and what a brilliant day it was!!!

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,331 Posts
That's a nice piece of road. Drove it Jan 1st while going camping in the area. Lots of people in the ditch is always an indicator of a road that'll be fun in the summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts