BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Woof?
1,011 Posts
mikeelliot said:
Buy a Subaru then.
DV has more benifits then a BOV. DV helps reduce lag.

doesnt have the sound....but they sell some box on ebay that everytime u let off the gas it makes the ound. its like 50 bucks or soemthing... a turbo setup, dependin g on size, and or use of intercooler etc is gunna be $$$

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Nothing ropes in the ladies quite like making a noise when you let off the gas.

$4000 for a blow off valve noise on your bike? ha!

Cam if your acronym is what I think you are referreing to a Dump Valve. It's the same as a blow off valve. A recirculating Dump Valve is what you are thinking about I'm sure. Studies have shown that neither really do much more than reduce intake temps in sever on/off throttle situations.

To reduce lag you need a anti-lag circuit in your fuel injection/intake/exhaust. I don't really want to type the 1000 words it would take to describe it...

Or you can drive just a turbo properly and have no lag.

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
cosworth said:
To reduce lag you need a anti-lag circuit in your fuel injection/intake/exhaust. I don't really want to type the 1000 words it would take to describe it...
Also known as incorrectly as a 'mis-firing system'.

So Cosworth doesn't have to type the 1000 words... CLICKY

Really neat tech. :rockon

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Call "Future Cycle" they turbo Harleys and have spent alot of time in the dyno perfecting them there at #2150 21000 westminster hwy

K

·
0 Posts
Just get an eletrical mechanism that creates the blow off sound when you let off the gas or shift. it sends a little current to the little speakers, and since bikes are always fast, they HAVE to think its turbo ^^_^^^_
lol

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
Please do not do the above. If you do, the only attention you should receive from it is a slap across the head for being so stupid. A good hard slap.

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
anything that makes a "woosh" sound AND DOESNT HAVE A TURBO is seriously stupid!!

you ride a bike for fucks sakes...its doesnt need to make "woosh" sounds for any reason...

M

·
0 Posts
given the yamaha snowmobile turbo setups you could see some serious power. the 900 and 1000 cc sleds are up around the 300hp mark. but the systems cost something like 15000. tho you would put any other bike to shame. i cant see how you could possibly get that power to the ground.

D

·
0 Posts
put a baseball card on your swing arm with a really really big clothespin. chicks will dig the motorcycle-like noises coming from your... umm... motorcycle.

·
Woof?
1,011 Posts
cosworth said:
Nothing ropes in the ladies quite like making a noise when you let off the gas.

$4000 for a blow off valve noise on your bike? ha!

Cam if your acronym is what I think you are referreing to a Dump Valve. It's the same as a blow off valve. A recirculating Dump Valve is what you are thinking about I'm sure. Studies have shown that neither really do much more than reduce intake temps in sever on/off throttle situations.

Or you can drive just a turbo properly and have no lag.
Ya i know BOV is the same as a DV, in that it shoves air pressure away form the compressor wheel so what when the throttle plate closes it doesnt send a shock wave back and stalls the compressor wheel... bottom line tho BOV;s make the car run rich. My audi has a closed MAF system.. The FSI 2.0t uses a closed loop anti lag setup...the direct injection is sweet as well.

bottom line:
Venting any of your pre-metered intake charge to atmosphere isn't the smartest thing to do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts