BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know about two brothers exhaust? Looks. performance and sound. I have a RC51. Any insight would be appreciated.
thanks,

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yes... I bought a 2 bros CF high slung system fer my ducati.. fit and finish were average/.. ipe sounded nice..... CF wears with exposure to sun and elements.... pipes looked a little dull after 2 seasons....

price wise... call Salem Honda/BMW Ducati.... talk to Joel.. 2 bros system for my duc was $450 vs $2K from asshole richmond motorsports... Mail order them from salem to a PO box in blaine (ie Mailboxes etc) and pick them up yerself, or wait longer and have them shipped right to you... a big advantage with Two Bros is that they are made in the USA so per free trade act there is NO DUTY on these pipes... you must declare them and they will charge you gst/pst at the border, but nothing more.. you will save an arm and a leg over a local purchase.

If you wanna go local.... local dealers (BK esp) have good prices on full yosh systems as yosh is getting out of the full system business and they are clearing them out... BK has very very good prices on Yosh right nnow.. better than what youd get down south..

hope this helps

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would probably ask fast mick since he had 2 bros on his RC51. He switched to Hindle and seems pretty damb happy(loud as hell too...especially through tunnels:laughing)

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I have a Two Bros on my bike, it sounds great. I just got the Al slip-on, and it looks well built and I have no quality issues as of yet. If you want to see and hear mine, let me know and we can arrange something. :)

But I just got it because it was an incredible deal from a buddy, otherwise I was looking at a Hindle supersport.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, i actually had Two Mothers Racing carbon slipons on my RC51. I got it for a very very cheap price, and i just wanted to test out how a vtwin would sound with some aftermarket pipes, so i put them on, first of all, the fitting is not good. One of the midpipes was actually touching my side faring and left a healthy burn mark. only on the inside thou...
The sound at first i thought it was good, but thats because i did not have a chance to hear anyone with hindle pipes on the RC51. Hindle sounds wayy better than those Two Mothers.
Two mothers is not that bad, and it is kinda loud, but exhaust is actually coming from one of the joints in the mid pipes, and the joint from the mid pipes to the cannisters are a joke, as the cannisters are really loose, and would actually rotate due to the larger vibrations from the vtwin engine.
The quality is really bad, the carbon fibre has a faded color after about 5000 miles, and it feels like the pipes will be falling apart pretty soon. THe carbon fibers are actually flaking... althou it is actually a pretty thick sleeve of carbon fiber, the quality is just not on par with hindle. I'm just telling from my personal experience with these pipes. Perhaps, it could just be the particular pipes i had. But i havent seen another RC51 with my hindle setup yet. And i like to keep my bike special and different. so i recommand anything but hindle. hahahaha j/k

:thumbup

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just bought a used 929 with a X-metal CF bolt-on. It sounds pretty sweet... deep and throaty. But then I haven't had a chance to compare it to anything else so it's hard to say if it's better or worse than other pipes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts