BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Two-stroke rebuilder.

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Sikorsky 
#1 ·
Anyone in the LMD that has experience in rebuilding mid-eighties 2 strokes? Multi-cylinder stuff, not singles.

I have located a few in the UK, but I would prefer to ship an engine overseas as a last resort.

#4 ·
Mongoose for machining for sure. I'm not sure who would specialize in that sort of thing but if it's a sizeable project and valuable bike, I'd ship the stuff to experts before
trying a local source that maybe not as good.

#5 ·
Go ask in the WMRC facebook groups. There are a number of guys that do just that. They are part of the vintage racing gang.

#11 ·
Moving right along ....... got the bike up on the worktable and it's hard at work dust collecting ......

#16 ·
TMR ...... I had seen 2 of those sites and have used David Silver many times. But that parts fiche is awesome! I had been unsuccessfully searching for one, thanks a ton! Come thru the Koots and I'll buy you a beer!

#17 ·
My pleasure, took all of two minutes to search and post. Will definitely let you know the next time we head out to the Koots, would be great to put a face to the name, especially in light of dwindling forum engagement.

If you have the time or opportunity, it would be wonderful to see a build thread or at least a way for us to follow along. Super cool to see bikes come to life, especially when it's a 2-smoker.

#19 ·
Finally gave up on it. Parts are near impossible to find. I was on several NS400R FB pages and it seemed everyone had at least 2 other NS‘s tonuse as parts trees. I put it up for sale for what I paid for it. Was contacted by serious buyers from Halifax, Victoria, Edmonton and Calgary within the first 20 minutes. Had a deposit in my account at the 30 minute mark and the guy drove from Calgary the next morning to get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.