BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Two-stroke rebuilder.

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Sikorsky 
#1 ·
Anyone in the LMD that has experience in rebuilding mid-eighties 2 strokes? Multi-cylinder stuff, not singles.

I have located a few in the UK, but I would prefer to ship an engine overseas as a last resort.

#4 ·
Mongoose for machining for sure. I'm not sure who would specialize in that sort of thing but if it's a sizeable project and valuable bike, I'd ship the stuff to experts before
trying a local source that maybe not as good.

#5 ·
Go ask in the WMRC facebook groups. There are a number of guys that do just that. They are part of the vintage racing gang.

#11 ·
Moving right along ....... got the bike up on the worktable and it's hard at work dust collecting ......

#13 · (Edited)
Keeping a fleet running is a hassle.
I've started ripping and tearing on the NS. Tank had fuel left in it for about 8 years so there is rust and varnish to take care of. Carbs to come off today, those will need a lot of work as well.

The VFR has been shipped off to the local Honda dealer. The mover was abysmal and ended up wrecking the paint on 4 body panels and both panniers. I'm in the process of arguing with them about repairs. They offered $2500 on $4000 damage ..... but admitting no liability. Turns out loading the bikes on the back of the trailer, putting a bunch of moving pads on top of them, then a tablesaw and bunch of other crap on top of the pads can wreck paint ....... who knew? It has been an ugly fight so far.

They also ended up chipping the paint on the hump of the seat on the CB350/4. That will be an easy paint match.

Best of the bunch is the R1 ....... all pretty, clean as a whistle and runs like a top.

Keeps me out of trouble ...... mostly.

If anyone knows of any NS400 parts, especially bodywork, let me know.

#16 ·
TMR ...... I had seen 2 of those sites and have used David Silver many times. But that parts fiche is awesome! I had been unsuccessfully searching for one, thanks a ton! Come thru the Koots and I'll buy you a beer!

#17 ·
My pleasure, took all of two minutes to search and post. Will definitely let you know the next time we head out to the Koots, would be great to put a face to the name, especially in light of dwindling forum engagement.

If you have the time or opportunity, it would be wonderful to see a build thread or at least a way for us to follow along. Super cool to see bikes come to life, especially when it's a 2-smoker.

#19 ·
Finally gave up on it. Parts are near impossible to find. I was on several NS400R FB pages and it seemed everyone had at least 2 other NS‘s tonuse as parts trees. I put it up for sale for what I paid for it. Was contacted by serious buyers from Halifax, Victoria, Edmonton and Calgary within the first 20 minutes. Had a deposit in my account at the 30 minute mark and the guy drove from Calgary the next morning to get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.