BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright,

I think I have this figured out for the most part, but could still use more cents.

Im putting together a 600rr, and the first thing i gotta do is submit my reciepts to icbc and apply for a u-built blue vin. Once granted, usually a week to 2 later, I can get the bike inspected at a certified shop and im good to go.

Now the reciepts that im missing for some parts I just gotta notorize a letter stating where i got them??? Lastly, is a used motor with no numbers ok? It seems sketchy but ive been told that many salvage shops grind them off, or get them from icbc off of stolen repos which have been ground...so that should be no big deal as long as i can provide where i got all my parts right?
Is there anything else or other paper work involved? thanks fellas

·
Registered
844 Posts
no numbers are ok, as long as it is a some what legitimate reason why you acquired it with no numbers and you have paperwork to back it up.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so if the motor is aquired via private sale, i just gotta get a bill of sale or the fellas name?

And as for ICBC, I just come in with all the reciepts and apply for a BC blue vin...and apparently they dont even wanna see the bike?? Im trying to get riding asap before my truck insurance runs out begining of may, so to speed up the process, can i submit the reciepts and apply for the vin now as i build the bike, and once icbc approves it i can throw it into a shop to get the safety and vin plate put on... ??

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just curious...how much do you reckon you saved and how many hours did you put in?

·
Registered
844 Posts
that is correct, if the bike is almost done or will be done soon, apply right away as sometimes they mke take a couple weeks, but if everything is straight forward is usually just takes a few days.

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
you really should talk to ICBC directly about this so they are aware of it when the paperwork comes through. all the folks at the vehicle registration department are pretty helpful and will remember you if you call them to ask questions. this is what i did and it was quick once i was ready to go.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
where is the vehicle reg department? when are they open?

Will ICBC want to ever see the bike if its a 600 or just the reciepts? Im not planning on putting the bike together until I get a vin approved..

I dont have all the parts yet, can i apply for the vin with all the main parts???? that would also make things quicker

I dont know how much it will cost yet as i dont have all the parts for it yet and im not sure how im specing out the exhaust/header, drivetrain etc.
I probably wont save huge huge, but i like building things myself, and i'll definately save a cple grand and learn a few things along the way

thank ya

·
Registered
844 Posts
no icbc wont want to see the bike, unless they have strong enough suspicion that it is stolen , you need to have your two reciepts in order before they will do anything, if you send those in with the $25 processing fee, they will either approve it or they wont, if they approve it and you dont take the bike to get inspected they will mail your $25 back. its quite simple. if you want to talk to them call them at 661-6638. Keep in mind these are icbc employees, and i dont believe they have any intelligence screening process so your chance of getting someone that actually isnt a moron is about 50/50.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okie, almost down to a tee.. So Brad... the "two reciepts" imply a reciept of sale for the fame and one for the motor i take it? So this is all they need? Or do I pop in and submit reciepts for everything? Where are they located?
:)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Raph said:
Okie, almost down to a tee.. So Brad... the "two reciepts" imply a reciept of sale for the fame and one for the motor i take it? So this is all they need? Or do I pop in and submit reciepts for everything? Where are they located?
:)

yes, correct
north vancouver
call them

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
they sent an icbc inspector out to see mine. the expectation is that the bike is ready to roll when you submit the paperwork so might be worth getting it at least mostly done. and yes, they are somewhat dim about things, kinda similar to border/customs agents so don't let them tell you you can't do something without questioning it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was your bike a 750cc or over? Do you have a shop or business licence.. My bike is definately all over the floor, so i hape they dont send anyone. I called them today and they seemed very easy going. I aksed them about not having reciepts for some stuff or not having a serial number on the motor, and they said not to worry about it and to do my best when i apply... Well, if no one has anything else to add, Im gonna give it a shot, if its cool with them, I'll build and finish it and take it over to a shop for inspection..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts