BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont think I'v posted this here before,but I'm working on an undertail exhaust for sport bikes.
I just finished skinning this thing for the last time....I hope?
and will be working on getting the pipes (yes pipes 2) up to it from the 4 into 1 section of the header.
These pictures.....if they turn out? are of various stages of building the can,and the one where it's mounted on one of my 1000's is just a shot to let you know what it's going to look like.
It will stick out the back of the gsxr to just about half way on the tail light. Yes you do have to get rid of the tray that is in the back of the bike,but I will be building one to replace it.
If you have any questions about this ,you can mail me direct please,for I'm not finding the time to get back to all the pages that it is on right now. Thanks guy's/gal's .

G

·
SWEEETTTT!! I was considering ordering something like that from the states, but if you're doing them here, great! But when are you gonna make them for KAWASAKIS????

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt if I'll have one for the Kawi in the near future,I'v spent sooooooo much time on this one as is,but I would sell you just the can and let you build your own pipes to go up under the tail?

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
I saw your pics on another site. Had no idea that you were lowermainland based. Another feather in our collective group cap :cool

Have you had a chance to see your can and pipes on a dyno yet?

The style aspect will get a LOT of attention but in the end if you can't get more power or at least keep with the original that fickle market out there will probably cut it to pieces. A shame too becuase I can just imagine how much time and effort you've put into this so far.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I really can't see it losing any power,but it's gunna get dyno'd when I get it finished........man I hate dyno's,get the piss run out of a motor just to see what it'll do.

Your dyno should be in your ass.....I mean .........if it can scare ya,then the dyno meter is high,and if you got to run it to the max ,just to scare ya,then it's not so high.......get it.

My can is lighter than the stock Ti can.....pretty good EH !
stock 2080 gr 7.42lb
my can 1882 gr 6.72 lb

I'm pretty happy with the fact that it's lighter than a Titainum pipe,and there's evin steel mesh on the inside of mine.

I hope these pictures work a little better?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rear shot

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
That has got to be one of the sweetest looking can's I've seen on the back of a bike. Is it fully functional yet? You going to start manufacturing them?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ya I'll probably make a few........ha ha
I've been working on a set of LED lights that will look verry similar to the oval tail pipe piece that's on the can,and probably sell them together.

How much you ask? I'm into this one for about 2k right now,and looking at another G to get it together and fitting properly. And once that's done, I can look at farming out the pipe bending to a company that can do manderel bends to fit the diffrent (already manufactured) pipes. Thats when I'll be able to sell a complete kit. But I'm hoping to put out a kit for under $1500.

Is there someone I can talk to ,to have these training wheels
pulled outta my ass ?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Sounds fairly responable for such a trick looking exhaust.

As far as the 'Training Wheels' go, it's your post count that dictates your name.. and I'm still working on some decent names for peoples. :D

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I 'v heard it called a lot of things,but never "responable" one of us had better cut down on the "cocktails" lol

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will run tonight ! I can't wait, did a bunch of work for this thing to come together, and it's finally gunna run. I cat post Video's on this site ,but I'll have one on my site by next week sometime ,with a dyno run shortly after.Damn I wish I could get a Dyno number without runnin the crap outta my bike?

Wait a min ......this is my track bike.........OK I can d te Dyno on it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts