BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... I picked upped flushmounts from burnaby kawi,

oh Digi168, the carbon flushmounts you were asking about, they are $39.99, the same price as the other types....

anyhow, human told me about oppracing for some new bodywork, $755 canadian for a full race fibreglass kit, gonna phone em up tommorrow for more info and possibly see if I can go down tommorrow and check the stuff out.

As for the gear-shifter.... well I can still shift fine, ask any of the guys on the ride today :) but Atomlowe thinks he can drill a bolt/screw into the lever, and then pull the rubber off the original do-da that broke off and put it onto the bolt/screw.... or I could just go out and buy a replacement part for like 80 bucks.... i'll worry about it after I get the body work sorted out.

anyhow, that covers all the damage that needs replacing.... The rest of the bike runs just like the day I brought her home the first day :)

thanks for all the help and everything else guys.

·
Registered
725 Posts
alot of my friends are running opp body work

i actually just ordered a bracket from them so i can put a light in my race fairings, but dont forget if you are gonna run these on the street the price can also add up

750 for the fairings
200 + for the light
500-700 for painting
150 - 200 for stickers

so you should really also consider the additional costs cause 750 only gets you primered fairings with no lights

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
supposly, they make a upper part that fits the stock gsxr light assembly, as in stock shape....

I would presume the lights you are talkin about is the dual round lights right? where you save weight by getting rid of the original light assembly? and then installing new lights.

painting, bugs knows a guy who can do it for a good price, and stickers, well thats where Digi168 comes in :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
cool if they have one that fits your stock light that would work perfectly

i dont know bugs but i actually had the carter guy do mine too, he does have good cash deals but i am sure you will want a better job than mine

mines a 50 50

good from 50 feet of 50mph, haha

the good thing about the fairings though is that if you crash again they are much cheaper to fix

and your right, we run single round lights like the suzuka bikes run

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kit said:
cool if they have one that fits your stock light that would work perfectly

i dont know bugs but i actually had the carter guy do mine too, he does have good cash deals but i am sure you will want a better job than mine

mines a 50 50

good from 50 feet of 50mph, haha

the good thing about the fairings though is that if you crash again they are much cheaper to fix

and your right, we run single round lights like the suzuka bikes run
I can't remember, but do you have mirrors or front turn signals on your bike?

·
Registered
725 Posts
no but they can be put on, eeyin will be putting them on his bike but not until i get him flush mounts cause he finally noticed that i took his:D

there will be holes for the mirrors cause they are the same holes that are for the windscreen and blinkers can just be screwed in

the OPP fairings are good quality

to bad you couldnt find a used set cause i got mine for 250 for the full set and have seen sets in classifieds for around that much

do a race rep man with race fairings, itll look dope, wait till you see eeyins

B

·
0 Posts
where was the shop that bugs knows for painting??...i'm looking at getting mine done...

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kit said:
no but they can be put on, eeyin will be putting them on his bike but not until i get him flush mounts cause he finally noticed that i took his:D

there will be holes for the mirrors cause they are the same holes that are for the windscreen and blinkers can just be screwed in

the OPP fairings are good quality

to bad you couldnt find a used set cause i got mine for 250 for the full set and have seen sets in classifieds for around that much

do a race rep man with race fairings, itll look dope, wait till you see eeyins
I have checked everything but haven't found anything yet :(

but thanks for the info....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
CG a friend of overthetop also makes farinigs....might be cheaper....get in touch with PQ guy.....

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
glad to hear you are getting your bike back to life...i spoke to david Hovestead, probably the nicest part guy at carter and he is looking around to see if he can locate a fairing for you. as for the shifter, he suggest that going to a suzuki dealer may be better, and just ask for a small discount if possible. The part itself is pretty cheap and there is not much mark up in them.
As for the painting, i can only wait for "donald to come back from vacation, i recommend anyone to talk to him to see his extent of his work as to what he can do. He might not be able to do a big of job as a full fairing but betyter wait for him to say. We also deal with B&d auto through Carter and might be able to talk to the owner and see if he can put up some deals for the members. I'll contact him tomorow and keep U posted.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

Just put a deposit down on full race fairing kit from opp racing today, should have the fairing in my hands sometime this month....

next up, gear shift lever.... then sell my stock body work to recoup my costs....

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bugs said:
glad to hear you are getting your bike back to life...i spoke to david Hovestead, probably the nicest part guy at carter and he is looking around to see if he can locate a fairing for you. as for the shifter, he suggest that going to a suzuki dealer may be better, and just ask for a small discount if possible. The part itself is pretty cheap and there is not much mark up in them.
As for the painting, i can only wait for "donald to come back from vacation, i recommend anyone to talk to him to see his extent of his work as to what he can do. He might not be able to do a big of job as a full fairing but betyter wait for him to say. We also deal with B&d auto through Carter and might be able to talk to the owner and see if he can put up some deals for the members. I'll contact him tomorow and keep U posted.
when does donald get back from vacation? I think I read somewhere sometime in May was it??

anyhow, thanks for all the help so far.

J

·
0 Posts
What's wrong with the gear shifter exactly CG? It sounds like the part you actually put pressure on is broken? You could probably get a machine shop (one in Ladner, another in Tillbury I think) to weld it back on for somethin less then ten bucks.

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

when does donald get back from vacation? I think I read somewhere sometime in May was it??

anyhow, thanks for all the help so far.
Back in april sometimes..he told me he'd call me when he got back...I'll keep ya posted.

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
BTW gixxer..what would be the new nickname for your dad and his new bike? should we post a poll as to what it should be? will you have to be more relaxed now that he is joining the group???

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Glad your getting the bike back together, but where is the place that you are getting the fairings from?

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jay P said:
What's wrong with the gear shifter exactly CG? It sounds like the part you actually put pressure on is broken? You could probably get a machine shop (one in Ladner, another in Tillbury I think) to weld it back on for somethin less then ten bucks.
can't weld it back on, it's die-casted, its the little nobbie off the shift lever that sticks out which you put your toe under to upshift :(

Digi168: I bought the fairings from www.oppracing.com , they are located in Coquitlam....

G

·
0 Posts
Hey CG
Do want to try a previous model shifter, I don't think there is a difference and it doesn't hurt to try. PM me your address if you want to give it a shot and I'll send one down - if it doesn't work you can just send it back.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gsxr6racer said:
Hey CG
Do want to try a previous model shifter, I don't think there is a difference and it doesn't hurt to try. PM me your address if you want to give it a shot and I'll send one down - if it doesn't work you can just send it back.
Thanks gsxr6racer, i'm gonna post on gixxer.com and sbn to see if it's possible before you send anything.... it'll save alot of hassle. I'll keep in touch.

Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts