BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,549 Posts
Thanks for that input. Helps confirm our thinking on this. With any luck we'll be checking a couple out on thurs/fri. I think we'll still checkout the z400 too as my wife does complain about getting sore on some of the longer trips we've done. Maybe the more upright riding position would offer her some more comfort? But then we have to weigh that against the lack of fairing too I suppose?
Ninja 400 is pretty upright. Perhaps consider a upgraded seat.....although so subjective and frankly more seat time helps with more seat time;)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I had found a 2019 in Kelowna with 437km on it for a substantially reduced price. Has a couple of marks on it from a standstill drop but very very minor. It's the grey, green, and black version which I'd worried was going to be ugly because in the pics the grey looked really light, but in person it is much darker looking. So we road it yesterday and purchased it.

Had a overly eventful ride on the way down, had the pillion seat on my wife's current ninja fly off. Which must have been my fault as I had just removed her tailbag for the ride down. In the melee that ensued of me getting turned around on 97 and going to get it(it got run over right before my eyes). I got my first speeding ticket in a decade. Stoopid, couple of thoughtless moments cost me yesterday and now I'm a ticket up at the beginning of the riding season.

But the new ninja is pretty sweet I'm super happy for my wife(us). I've given it one little ride and found it much peppier than the 300 which we still have and will be selling privately. Got a trade in estimate just for shits and giggles, which was laughable at best. Newest bike either of us have ever had year and mileage wise so pretty exciting.

·
Original Pirate Material
1,068 Posts
I had found a 2019 in Kelowna with 437km on it for a substantially reduced price. Has a couple of marks on it from a standstill drop but very very minor. It's the grey, green, and black version which I'd worried was going to be ugly because in the pics the grey looked really light, but in person it is much darker looking. So we road it yesterday and purchased it.

Had a overly eventful ride on the way down, had the pillion seat on my wife's current ninja fly off. Which must have been my fault as I had just removed her tailbag for the ride down. In the melee that ensued of me getting turned around on 97 and going to get it(it got run over right before my eyes). I got my first speeding ticket in a decade. Stoopid, couple of thoughtless moments cost me yesterday and now I'm a ticket up at the beginning of the riding season.

But the new ninja is pretty sweet I'm super happy for my wife(us). I've given it one little ride and found it much peppier than the 300 which we still have and will be selling privately. Got a trade in estimate just for shits and giggles, which was laughable at best. Newest bike either of us have ever had year and mileage wise so pretty exciting.
Congrats on the new bike, shame about the ticket, but at least you'll have a memory for life. The 400 is a great little bike, wonderful choice. It will scoot pretty good too, down on torque but will hang with the big bikes if ridden well.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
So far the feedback from my wife has been that it has been a real nice upgrade. She's really liking the bit of added power. Hopefully if the weekend is decent we'll be heading out the monashees and can put both these new machines through their paces a bit. I'll try and get a couple decent out and about pics.

Myself I'm certainly quite taken with the looks of the ninja, I think they did a great job on the update from the 300.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

Commanage to carrs landing and back the other evening. I will get some photos of the n400 one day.

The dealer salesman on the ninja had told me it was the original oil still(437km) so at 740 I thought I'd change it out. I'm a fan of getting oil changed fairly quickly on a new motor. Anyways I dumped the oil and pulled the filter without really looking first and it was a hi flo filter on it so obviously had already been changed. So at 740km it's had two oil changes.

My wife is just gushing about this bike and I can say just from riding with her it's much quicker than the 300. Lots more pull. I'm regularly quite shocked at how quick I see it getting up and going. Her overall impression is that it's an improvement in all regards. More power, better handling, and more comfortable. Haven't really gotten any braking feedback yet but I am happy to know that there is abs on her bike now.

Hope everyone is getting out and enjoying this weather!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Whipped down this morning and picked up some factory saddlebag liners for a great deal. The bonus was they were literally at the end of westside Rd. Couldn't have been located better for a classified sale. They will be super handy for me as I need to carry a few things for work in and out daily and it's been a bit of a juggling match. While I've been loving the hardbags I had already been researching liners and then these popped up nice and local.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts