BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the upper levels heading towards Horseshoe bay and saw a late model, non discript white dodge van with a relatively small "police" marking on the back end.:ghost Lights a flashing, pulled over on the side.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
those sneaky bastards.. i've heard they have one of everything. I know that they have a black pickup, it's either dodge or chevy with some racing stickers in the back window. seen guys pulled over with that one on Lonsdale more than a few times.

D

·
0 Posts
we go thru this all the time... the spot the ghost car thread.

white volvo, red minivan, black pickup..... they are everywhere.

·
Registered Boozer
1 Posts
My personal favorite is the dark red, 1st gen Subaru Impreza.

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
I swear I saw a uniformed officer in a Smart car

Then again I blew by him so fast, I could be mistaken ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
grifter said:
My personal favorite is the dark red, 1st gen Subaru Impreza.
I saw someone got pulled over on Hwy1 near N. Van. by a burgundy Chevy Blazer or S-10(sorry I'm not familiar with pickups) with an L sign in the back.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Since the cops no longer have contracts with specific auto makers for their unmarked car units, it's a free for all. There's something just so humiliating about getting pulled over by a Plymouth Voyager. Does it come with a squad issue baby seat too, officer?

O

·
0 Posts
Don't worry about it, just be responsible and you will be fine. I promise, except if you forget to bring your license. I kid you not

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
Organ Donor said:
Don't worry about it, just be responsible and you will be fine. I promise, except if you forget to bring your license. I kid you not

hehe I think we got a popo registered on the site :ghost

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Organ Donor said:
Yeah, fine if you've got a 'brass pass' but for the rest of us mortals, it's the never ending paranioa of paying our go fast taxes.

The majority of LEOs I've encountered are not happy to be dealing with someone on a sportbike, regardless of whether you're courtious with the officer or not.

I actually spent an afternoon driving not my bike but my car at the speed limit, just to see what it would be like. I've never been honked at and shot more dirty looks at by other motorists, ever. Driving 50 in the city and 90 on the highway is just downright dangerous.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
Organ Donor said:
Good now give me your name so I can reference it when I try to explain to the cop that I was being responsible and I have my licence and a cop on bcsb told me not to worry. :laughing

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Organ Donor said:
I feel like I am responsible and in control even at 288km per hour in the interior...

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
my personal feeling is cops should not bother with bikes...there is not much point, I mean really officers...let it go already and don't take it so personally. Speed in itself does not kill! End of story.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I've seen a dark blue Silverado with a tinted rear window, had a Bassani Xhaust decal on the back, as well as H.O. Watersports one. Also had a hitch. Getting pretty sneaky.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
yup... what ever happened to making their presense known by cruising the highways and not only allowing us 'civilians' to feel all safe and all, but to actually act as a visible reminder of the police presense as a deterrent? instead they are turning to guerrilla tactics to generate revenue.
hey exceeding the posted limit on a large divided highway IS illegal, but using minivans to 'catch' people? selling meth to teenagers is supposed to be illegal too.
BUT, that doesn't generate revenue.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
wow they put so much effort into catching speeders, makes you wonder if thats thier primary role in the community. If so, god I hope no one in my family gets assaulted or raped while the cops are spending so much time trying to dupe the speeders. Oh wait! I think I got it, chasing murderers, rapists and thieves doesnt generate revenue...duh. screw 'em.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I don't have time to read this whole thread, but GHOST VAN!

Call Scooby Doo, he's usually around Britannia Beach.

·
Registered
276 Posts
most recent ghost in n.van is a blue ford excursion with tinted windows and some kind of blue silver thing in it's trailer hitch

1 - 20 of 32 Posts