BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Don't Know If I'm Just Too Old To Understand;

I Been Pounding These Pages For The Last Year Or So For A Sport Bike. The Prices I See That Some Are Asking Are The Price Of A New Bike For A 3 Year Old. I Can't Figure This Out Sport Bikes Are Like Highend Cars A Very Limited Market Place And They Depreciate Quickly. Just Cause You Polished The Frame And Added A Lot Of Bling To The Thing Does Not Raise The Value Of The Item By How Much You Invest. Most Of The Dealers Have Been Selling Of New Old Stock At Year End 600 Cc For 9 K And The Dealer Junk For A Brand New Bike With The Warranty And All The Other Stuff But Yet I Constantly See 3 Year Old Bike With Owners Asking For That Plus More. Being In The 4 Wheel Biz For 30 Years And Very Seldom Does Anyone Get Back What They Invest Into A Machine At The End Of The Day You Have Your Usage And Fun Of Owning And Creating Personlize Item And Surely Are Proud Of And There Is Cost To Ownership That Must Be Realized, Doesn't Matter If It's 5 Years Old With 5 K Or 45 K On It It's Still 5 Years Old item in the market place:

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Huh? yes. no. maybe. whats the question? whats with the caps?

·
???????
908 Posts
We get these threads every so often. I say this, have you seen what dealers ask for used bikes? Have you seen what people in the buy&sell want for used bikes? Some of the people who put bikes for sale here are off base, no question, but overall most of the prices are pretty close.

Face it, you are not going to get a 99R6 for 3 grand!!

·
Gear whore
2,922 Posts
Defaulthonda said:
We get these threads every so often. I say this, have you seen what dealers ask for used bikes? Have you seen what people in the buy&sell want for used bikes? Some of the people who put bikes for sale here are off base, no question, but overall most of the prices are pretty close.

Face it, you are not going to get a 99R6 for 3 grand!!
Agreed,.. look at what the dealers charge for a used bike. You can find a 1999F4 for $7000... good steal eh? :rolleyes

L

·
0 Posts
Dont take this the wrong way ..but ..if you dont see any deals on this site ..then your on crack !! a 2004 Gixxer 750 with 3500 KLms went for 8 grand !!!! Thats a sweet deal ..that bike went out of the dealer for 13 grand ..so thats 5 grand less than new for a one year old bike (minus the winter months).. if saving 5 grand is not a deal ..then maybe you should not buy a sport bike...theres sooooo many deals on bikes right now..I wish I were looking for a bike because I would not argue on saving 5 g's ......

C

·
0 Posts
I will be selling an R1 for a very fair come spring time

some people just expect too much and then screw around with the price.

ask a fair price and you will get a fair price.

·
1,768 Posts
But also, if you don't really NEED to sell your bike, then ask a bit more, maybe it's exactly what someone else is looking for and they would be willing to pay a bit more for it?

;D

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Then again some people are just annoying cheap asses that pass over many good deals looking for the $3500 2005 R1. But whatever you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Free enterprise does not necessarily equate to intelligent enterprise.
The market dictates the value, not the real, or perceived value in the eyes of the current owner.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Maybe its me which it probably is, but when im looking up prices of bikes i seem to find bikes are actually cheaper if you avoid the off season. As soon as the off season hits the selection of used bikes drops like mad, and the few people who are selling them seem to be asking quite alot for them. So maybe if you wait a while until the peak of the riding season youll find a larger selection with a few good deals.

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
where is the "buy now" button? anyone? i know it was here somewhere.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
5thgear said:
Then again some people are just annoying cheap asses that pass over many good deals looking for the $3500 2005 R1. But whatever you get what you pay for.
Ya, those are the guys that usually fall for the 'ebay special' $4000 2005 Hayabusas and GSXR's
'you wire the money, I'll send the bike'
:laughing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts