BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Used motorcycle websites, how to search?

cycletrader.com is probably the most well known all bike used/new website. The search on it blows.

Everytime a new classified ads vehicle website is launched us bikers seem to be an after thought. The cars/trucks can be searched easily but looking for a bike you want seems to be hit and miss.

Here's where I need you help. If you were searching a bike site how would you want the search to work?
My idea would be have main search categories such as Sport bikes, Sport Touring, Cruisers, Dual Sport, Custom, and Vintage (am I missing any?)
From there you could refine your search based on Make, then even more in depth if you want such as the tarditional, price, KM, year, location etc...

Would the main searches I mentioned encompass every type of bike? Where would Motards go?
Lets hear some suggestions.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one cares that used vehicle sites don't cater to us?
Traditionally it's programmers that have never even been on a bike that create these sites and categories, without going into too much detail, WE as a motorcycling community now have a chance to create something we would like to see. So lets hear some opinions.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
Don't forget engine size.

·
Registered
212 Posts
forget getting that far...im having problem trying to budge from the first page...what do i enter in the zip code.
I entered bike, age, price range, sport bike, british columbia, and canada...wants validation of some other thing...which it doesn't tell me...ideas

·
Registered
212 Posts
sorry it was early in the morning and i misread it for good website...was searching and completely agree with you their setup for the website is really bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts