BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping Bacchus40 will pipe in as his link appears to show. I recently went on the BC recycle website, and found the nearest oil/filter return, showed up there, only to get a rant from the drop off site [a well known oil change company] how out of date the site is, and that he's not a drop off site. Since Canadian tire was dropped as a return site, I've been collecting this used oil. So, what are you guys doing with your old oil?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That is a problem. Whoever sells the oil should be taking it back. Recycle person I talked to was no help.

Jiffy lube (here) happily accepts used oil. Great Canadian Oil Change charges 50 cents a litre.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Yeah I take my dump tank to Great Canadian oil change but they don't charge. They also take the empty bottles which is a bigger deal.

There is also a heavy machine shop in the industrial park with an outdoor dump tank you I can go to anytime and dump oil but they don't take the bottles.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would be curious if anyone knows of any mobile companies who drain used oil tanks. My shop has a used oil storage tank and the previous owner told me who he'd used when we were buying and it was emptied before I took possession. But I can't recall the company now? In eight years of my own use I'm under half full still. But am still curious to know.

·
Registered Luser
2,113 Posts
I would be curious if anyone knows of any mobile companies who drain used oil tanks. My shop has a used oil storage tank and the previous owner told me who he'd used when we were buying and it was emptied before I took possession. But I can't recall the company now? In eight years of my own use I'm under half full still. But am still curious to know.
M&R environmental , *guess they are called GFL environmental now. *

·
Original Pirate Material
1,063 Posts
I need to find a place as well; almost impossible now in Vancouver. Mr. Lube won't take my used oil either...

Ideas?

·
Registered Luser
2,113 Posts
I need to find a place as well; almost impossible now in Vancouver. Mr. Lube won't take my used oil either...

Ideas?
How close are your neighbours? *Atmospheric carbon replenishment? Return it to the earth from whence it came? *Discipline your children: ?

·
lover of twins
6,068 Posts
Yeah I take my dump tank to Great Canadian oil change but they don't charge. They also take the empty bottles which is a bigger deal.

There is also a heavy machine shop in the industrial park with an outdoor dump tank you I can go to anytime and dump oil but they don't take the bottles.
With you being local to Steve G. this is some great advice

·
lover of twins
6,068 Posts
The city of Burnaby's recycle depot on Still Creek takes oil, containers and filters mabye check with your local muni gov? I know that the Wastech sites in Coquitlam and North Van do as well and I would assume that their other locations do as well.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Good advice, thanks. So is that the Great Canadian in Coquitlam?

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
The Petro Can bulk fuel just west of the U-Haul in Abby ...... just east of Mt Lehman Rd by the RV dealer. They take oil with no issues. I had 30+ liters stockpiled that I had to get rid of ...... and everyone was saying no. Not these guys.

·
Registered
368 Posts
phone a wrecker or engine rebuilder...

when i worked at vancore we got paid for oil waste oil.. i can't see that changing.. free money to w/e business.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
In vancouver, that recycle place down by home depot on terminal takes used oil.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Saturday morning I stopped by the "next" nearest business on the list on the Surrey Recycle drop off. Hallmark Ford. Walked over to the detail dept out back and asked the guy, he said to go to the next door. There I found the oil drop off 'mess', which is what I find at most of these places. waited 5 minutes for someone to acknowledge me, respectfully not stopping into the opened door. I then grabbed my 2 - 5 litre containers and put them in with the rest of the containers. I did not bring my oil filters. I'll probably give it a try next Saturday.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
In richmond, there's a recycle place under the knight street bridge behind home depot that will also take used oil...drop off whatever container you want into a big bin. filters ok too.

·
Registered
987 Posts
In richmond, there's a recycle place under the knight street bridge behind home depot that will also take used oil...drop off whatever container you want into a big bin. filters ok too.
They aren't taking oil anymore.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts