BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just walk over to my service dept and use the appropriate bins/tanks :rockon
I do know that we get paid for waste oil & metal recycling but have to pay for filters,coolant,plastic ..... in the end its neutral.
LOTS of shops are now heating with waste oil and we plan on converting to waste oil pressure washers when the current one dies.

you would think in the land of eco terrorists their would be a proper list of places that recycle oil/filters ?

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I just walk over to my service dept and use the appropriate bins/tanks :rockon
I do know that we get paid for waste oil & metal recycling but have to pay for filters,coolant,plastic ..... in the end its neutral.
LOTS of shops are now heating with waste oil and we plan on converting to waste oil pressure washers when the current one dies.

you would think in the land of eco terrorists their would be a proper list of places that recycle oil/filters ?
Sadly that would be too sensible.

Common sense green methods or a carrot to make recycling stuff like this easy aren't headline material.

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
?
you would think waste oil heaters would be totally illegal. god knows what cadmium, nickel, etc. bullshit gets spewed out of those.
The amount of regulation as to disposal of old oil makes it seem like plutonium, yet you are allowed to just burn er up in residential neighbourhoods.
makes no sense.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The previous owner of my place had a drip system from the used oil tank to the wood fired heater in the shop. I ixnayed that plan for both environmental and safety reasons.*

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
About the place in richmond under the knight street bridge... Was just there yesterday... It is called regional recycling on Vulcan... Unless something changed.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
About the place in richmond under the knight street bridge... Was just there yesterday... It is called regional recycling on Vulcan... Unless something changed.
Interesting. That's the place that turned me away this spring.

·
Registered
904 Posts
you would think waste oil heaters would be totally illegal. god knows what cadmium, nickel, etc. bullshit gets spewed out of those.
The amount of regulation as to disposal of old oil makes it seem like plutonium, yet you are allowed to just burn er up in residential neighbourhoods.
makes no sense.
I would not try to understand most current environmental laws or rules as they were created by emotional tree huggers ...... it also may cause you to have a stroke LOL

21 - 30 of 30 Posts