BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ghost SV Rider
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can't read the title, stop reading or you'll be pissed. I warned you.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Boring race. Aside from Rossi, I thought it was boring. Especially compared to the last one. 250cc was a better race. Too bad I missed the 125cc race. The 250 celebration was also better. Crazier celebrations.

·
Choose freely.
511 Posts
The Kentucky Kid is World Champ. Who'd a thought?!

Hard to believe Rossi could let the front slip like that. If he had kept it together, Nicky would have had to keep pushing hard hard hard and potentialy throw it away to Rossi. Bit of a lack luster finish to a great season.

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
ahh you bastard you spoiled it for me you have to give more warning:D ...even though it was a mediocre finish to a brilliant season I am happy that Hayden beat Rossi because now Rossi will return next year and be full guns from race one and it will be an entertaining season

·
Registered
446 Posts
Somewhat anti-climactic. I had hoped for a monster battle between Rossi, Haydn with Pedrosa running interference. But, it ended up being quite boring... Too bad for Rossi. Congratulations to Haydn!

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Yeah, it wasn't really worth watching after Rossi's crash. Too bad...

Good for Hayden, but Rossi's the better rider... Now if we could just get him on a better bike, like a Ducati or something ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sete is gonna be lookin for a new ride , good for Nickey and Troy . It was the Doctors to lose and he just handed it to Nickey ,Good for him a dream come true forsure.

·
more lean please
1,745 Posts
lame lame lame! boring race, hayden is a weiner, i dunno how he won the championship. if rossi didnt have early season trouble with the bike he woulda walked away as usual. would have been nice to see rossi push hayden and just make him mess up but oh well. after rossi went down there was no point in watching anymore

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
SETE SUCKS ASS.... and Troy just proved it!!

i cant wait for next year its gonna be sooooo kick ass

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Dani still needs a thumb in the ass....

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yay Nicky! Consistency isn't exciting but it does garner points. Maybe Rossi thought he had won enough and just tossed it away so someone else could have a chance at the championship (yah right).

So how come Elias and Roberts weren't at the front this race? The finish in Portugal had to be one of the best of the season. There is nowhere else in racing that you will see that kind of competition. That's why motorcycle racing is the most entertaining sport in the world, bar none!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Where did Ilmor come from? I know they have been involved in auto racing for many years, when did they make the transition to bikes? With Ilmor and Team Roberts challenging some of the traditional factory teams things could be interesting next year.

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
lame lame lame! boring race, hayden is a weiner, i dunno how he won the championship. if rossi didnt have early season trouble with the bike he woulda walked away as usual. would have been nice to see rossi push hayden and just make him mess up but oh well. after rossi went down there was no point in watching anymore
It's too bad the Rossi fanboys aren't as gracious in defeat as their hero.

"Of course this is a big disappointment for me because to arrive at the final race with an eight-point advantage and then not win the title is a disaster. Basically I made two mistakes today - one was at the start and then the second one was the crash. It has been a very emotional season, with some great moments, some bad luck and now some mistakes. But this is racing. All I can say now is a big 'congratulations' to Nicky because he is a great guy, a great rider and he is the World Champion because he has been the best this year. I have known him a long time, I know his family well and even though I am disappointed I am also very happy for them. It has been a great fight with him this year - not like in the past with other riders when there have always been some polemics - and we have great respect for each other. I want to say a huge thank you to Yamaha, to all my team and engineers and to everyone else involved, they've done an amazing job this year and now I am looking forward to working towards next season with the 800; I am sure it will be another exciting season and another big battle."

I bolded the part where he tells the world how championships work. It's about the season, not 1 race. Both Rossi and Hayden had their issues all year, and in the end Hayden came out on top fair and square. End of story.

·
more lean please
1,745 Posts
It's too bad the Rossi fanboys aren't as gracious in defeat as their hero.

"Of course this is a big disappointment for me because to arrive at the final race with an eight-point advantage and then not win the title is a disaster. Basically I made two mistakes today - one was at the start and then the second one was the crash. It has been a very emotional season, with some great moments, some bad luck and now some mistakes. But this is racing. All I can say now is a big 'congratulations' to Nicky because he is a great guy, a great rider and he is the World Champion because he has been the best this year. I have known him a long time, I know his family well and even though I am disappointed I am also very happy for them. It has been a great fight with him this year - not like in the past with other riders when there have always been some polemics - and we have great respect for each other. I want to say a huge thank you to Yamaha, to all my team and engineers and to everyone else involved, they've done an amazing job this year and now I am looking forward to working towards next season with the 800; I am sure it will be another exciting season and another big battle."

I bolded the part where he tells the world how championships work. It's about the season, not 1 race. Both Rossi and Hayden had their issues all year, and in the end Hayden came out on top fair and square. End of story.
lol, thats fine and dandy. i've never been a hayden fan, regardless if he is the best rider in the world or the worst. just dont like him. rossi is well mannered and well spoken, there is no reason for him to bash hayden. rossi lost, it happens, i'm not crying about it i just really dont like hayden

·
Worst. Passenger. Ever.
943 Posts
Where did Ilmor come from? I know they have been involved in auto racing for many years, when did they make the transition to bikes? With Ilmor and Team Roberts challenging some of the traditional factory teams things could be interesting next year.
They announced that they would be competing in 2007 with a 800cc bike earlier this year and made their debut in Portugal 2 weeks ago.

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
lol, thats fine and dandy. i've never been a hayden fan, regardless if he is the best rider in the world or the worst. just dont like him. rossi is well mannered and well spoken, there is no reason for him to bash hayden. rossi lost, it happens, i'm not crying about it i just really dont like hayden
i guess you have met him in person and he slagged you or something....because if not... where do you get that impression

·
Registered
863 Posts
Everyone was playing it safe, the battle 3rd 4th was a non event and it looked to me like Rossi's bike was not working well. However if Rossi and Hayden were racing each other Bayliss probably would have had a tough time winning, he also got lucky, there was no point in anyone pushing for the lead, it was more important to finish.
I love seeing the yanks beat the Europeans, they never gave the Yanks credit for being able to ride until Steve Baker and KR showed up and showed them a whole new way to ride.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts