BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, seeing as I didn't really know what the hell that meant.. I surfed around and found a pretty good article on it featuring a kawi with shim style valves:
http://members.tripod.com/schuessler_m_j/Motorcycle/Maintenance.html

I found it pretty informative to know whats going to be happening to my bike on friday aside from the regular stuff. Seems like a bit of a job.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a question for a mechanic who's done both.. are you planning on doing your own valves?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I am thinking of try to get someone to show me or if I can simple see someone do it, I tend to pick up fast....Bugs mentioned he might be able to get someone to help me for cash.....but murphy for your first service I would recommend taking it into a shop....

just got a quote, $420 incld. taxes for my 10k service.....

G

·
Human said:
I am thinking of try to get someone to show me or if I can simple see someone do it, I tend to pick up fast....Bugs mentioned he might be able to get someone to help me for cash.....but murphy for your first service I would recommend taking it into a shop....

just got a quote, $420 incld. taxes for my 10k service.....
ouch, that's kind of harsh. I got my 24k done (24k is EVERYTHING - full service), for around $325 or so. I had it done at imperial in the off-season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.