BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
i've always had serious issues with those 'noted' criminal disgusting POS showing up at any and all motorcycle events. A real shame.
In Ontario they are not allowed to wear their colours in public as the court system there has recognized them as a criminal organization. It would be nice to see the same sort of thing out here.*

·
Registered
97 Posts
Agree: They should make them wear a sign that says: These colours represent 100 Drug addicted and disease ridden prostitutes, 50 Wannabe gangbanger dope dealers, and 850 property crime oriented drug addicts: It takes 1000 people suffering in complete misery to make one of me!

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
I hate crowds, dread the walk in the rain (or -5 & windy) from the far reaches of the lot and am not buying a new bike.

But seeing old friends, having lunch at the Baron, updating the garage poster collection and maybe scoring a good deal on gear ........ worth every minute.

Maybe I'll even be a more social rider and attend the MotoGP party this year.
Exactly! It`s cheap fun for some unique people watching, and seeing friends and loving bikes for a few hours, not too shabby for what is normally a rainy day!

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Ticket bought from Shovelhead, garage posters obtained, friends seen after a long time and new ones met; overall a great time.

I missed all the outdoor shows, too bad as Jordan SZOKE is supposed to be something else.

It was good to meet the guy from the Sorrento motorcycle museum and grill. Decent guy and has just recently purchased the CBX/999R combo posted elsewhere on here.

The BMW R-nine-T combos were pretty cool, wish they had the Racer version there, I love half fairings!

The CBR1000RR SP-whatever was a pretty cool bike. Too bad they didn't make it more visually distinguishable from the regular CBR. That is part of the draw for owning things like that, at least for me. Look at the RC-30 vs the VFR. The RC-51 vr the VTR1000. High tech AND sexy looks, I want it all.

Crowds on Friday were pretty sparse.

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
It took us 2 hours to work the show on Friday 6-8pm. I really wanted to see Husky's line up....nope, and some gear,....nope, and throw a leg over the 'Blade....nope. Well, at least I got to feel up the Gixxer Thou'..........I'd buy that. But then you walk over to Kawi and look at the ZX10RR and realize it has everything the Zook does, for less money.

New Ninja 1000 looks more different than previous model in person versus online. (How many way could I write that sentence?)

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
Went Saturday from 10:00am-12:30pm

- Szoke Family Show was entertaining.
- New Ducati Supersport 939 looks great in person.
- CBR1000RR SP would be my choice for new literbike if the money tree tripled.
- Shame to see no Triumph again.
- Crowds were quite manageable - not overly busy which was nice.
- Factory Tuono and new SD1290 are both amazing machines in person - be a tough call if I were in the market.
- Restyle on the FZ09 is fugly - the FZ10 is still aesthetically similar to a giant turd.

As always, still a fantastic way to spend a January day and good to see some familiar faces - well worth the cost to get over from the Island.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Was really hoping Triumph would be there, but nope, nothing at all. More I look at the Aprilia lineup, and more I sit on them, more I like it. RSV4 would be only SS, fully faired bike I would buy. It just fits real nicely. Would go with Tuono before it though, just cause I like more upward seating position and naked bikes.

FZ09 and 10, yuck.

60% of tickets for the MotoGP party have been sold during the show. Dont miss out, they will sell out!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just stared at the ZX-10RR and smiled. Then I smiled some more.

I also want to get a dirt bike. I want more time. I want a pick up truck. I want my own garage. I want, I want, I want!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I've never been to the motorcycle show. Too bad its in the dead of winter. If I could ride there ... awesome. Move it to Spring.

·
Medium Pimpin'
1,485 Posts
Went to the show and spent no less than 20 minutes drooling over the new scrambler cafe racer, something about that motor reminded me of my 796.* View attachment 139146

21 - 40 of 49 Posts