BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Just Ride
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently working on some different options for insurance and sanctioning for 2007.

Looks like we will need to run a membership that will cover all of our SM events. This will include the F440 and any and all race events planned. Doing this will enable us to not only to have the ramps on the track, but to also get our dirt section. The membership will more than likely be with the CMRC and will cost $120. This is not a locked in yet, but they are our best option.

I recently sat in a meeting with CMRC regarding the 2007 season. They are really exited to have Supermoto on board, and they want to help us get this off the ground. The membership is a bit steep but there are many things that the CMRC is doing for motorcycle racing across Canada. So, when you look at the total you have to keep in mind that there is $40 of that membership that goes back into a pot for the betterment of BC motorsports. If we will see any of that, I do not know but, if we want to see motorcycles in British Columbia become a recognized force, these are the guys that are motivated towards future growth.

Does anyone have a problem with a $120 membership.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
What noise level do we need to get down to? What about those of us with stock mufflers?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great work Gas! I think if someone has a problem with $120 for the year that will be used for the betterment of the sport overall then they should re-examine their priorities as a motorcyclist. With my supermoto almost ready I will commit now to the money and any volunteering that I can do while still being on the track. I'll be there for set up, planning, digging, hauling or whatever needs to be done. I've been off bikes for over a year now (health reasons) and I'm hoping 2007 will be the best year of riding yet. Any help you need just let me know!

·
Just Ride
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What noise level do we need to get down to? What about those of us with stock mufflers?

For simplicity, and in the attempt to take every possible step for quite, yes. Even stockers should run them. That being said, we will have to wait to make sure we can get our hands on the supply.

I know a few people that live a couple of miles away, in Tsawwassen, and the bikes are loud and clear over there. At that rate, its just a matter of time before shit hits the fan.

·
flipin good
674 Posts
I am currently working on some different options for insurance and sanctioning for 2007.

Looks like we will need to run a membership that will cover all of our SM events. This will include the F440 and any and all race events planned. Doing this will enable us to not only to have the ramps on the track, but to also get our dirt section. The membership will more than likely be with the CMRC and will cost $120. This is not a locked in yet, but they are our best option.

I recently sat in a meeting with CMRC regarding the 2007 season. They are really exited to have Supermoto on board, and they want to help us get this off the ground. The membership is a bit steep but there are many things that the CMRC is doing for motorcycle racing across Canada. So, when you look at the total you have to keep in mind that there is $40 of that membership that goes back into a pot for the betterment of BC motorsports. If we will see any of that, I do not know but, if we want to see motorcycles in British Columbia become a recognized force, these are the guys that are motivated towards future growth.

Does anyone have a problem with a $120 membership.
First of all, $120 is nothing. Second, the idea of having a place to ride our SuperMoto is awesome. Third, I commend you for organizing this and the workd you put into it.

However, some questions that I have: Are you going to have it as a racing series only or simply a track day for SuperMoto guys? I think in order to attract more riders, it should lean towards the track day/training sessions rather than becoming a full on racing series sanctioned by CMRC. If this is the case, than everyone of the riders will need a racing license that is recognized by CMRC. In other words, a rider will need to take a road licensing school in order to race.

Few years ago, there was a group wanting to form a SuperMoto class to race around the province and it did not pan out I think due to the fact that most of the SuperMoto riders at that time did not have a racing license. I think having a racing series is good but you will more than likely get only the 'racers' out that race out of Mission and might miss out on the casual SuperMoto riders that should be on the track.

Again, I think what you have done is great and I hope to be out at F440 next year (time permitting).

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,226 Posts
quick question: What if I already have a 2007 CMRC road racing membership. Does that cover the SM stuff too if I get a SM?

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I agree, $120 is fine for a year.

And for volunteers, just throw my name down and PM/email me once the events are scheduled. :)

G

·
Oh yeah, we will be needing volunteers for F440 next year. If this thing is going to grow the way we plan it, the time has come that we will need some flaggers on the track, and time keepers.

Any takers
If by volunteer you really mean....paid with beer I'm soooo down for helping out :evil

·
Registered
374 Posts
:rockon
sounds great, you got my support and money let me know what i can do!
p.s. good to see ya guys at the SX last night

·
Just Ride
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all, $120 is nothing. Second, the idea of having a place to ride our SuperMoto is awesome. Third, I commend you for organizing this and the workd you put into it.

However, some questions that I have: Are you going to have it as a racing series only or simply a track day for SuperMoto guys? I think in order to attract more riders, it should lean towards the track day/training sessions rather than becoming a full on racing series sanctioned by CMRC. If this is the case, than everyone of the riders will need a racing license that is recognized by CMRC. In other words, a rider will need to take a road licensing school in order to race.

Few years ago, there was a group wanting to form a SuperMoto class to race around the province and it did not pan out I think due to the fact that most of the SuperMoto riders at that time did not have a racing license. I think having a racing series is good but you will more than likely get only the 'racers' out that race out of Mission and might miss out on the casual SuperMoto riders that should be on the track.

Again, I think what you have done is great and I hope to be out at F440 next year (time permitting).

-The F440 will be an open track for practicing. There will need to be some type of membership costs involved to cover additional insurance and operating. That will be on top of the CMRC's $120.

-We will need to make the license manditory for people to ride the track, so we are covered under CMRC's insurance.

-The CMRC license will cover all riders for the race series as well. You need to think of this more along the terms of motocross, and not so much like the road racing. You buy your license and race. That makes you good for any CMRC track, motocoross, cross country or supermoto. I can not speak to the roadracing, they have thier own set of rules.

-Mission is its own animal, with its own set of rules and regulation. I do not think our rules will have any baring there. Thats why we will not be affiliated with them in any way.

Thanks for the props

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
Oh yeah, we will be needing volunteers for F440 next year. If this thing is going to grow the way we plan it, the time has come that we will need some flaggers on the track, and time keepers.

Any takers
Add me to the volunteer list! I'll help when I can :thumbup

·
African BCSB Rep.
776 Posts
I'd love to get onto the volunteer list as well and do whatever I can. I'm working on selling my DR right now and stepping into a Husky for 07 once its gone :thumbup Shoot me a PM and Ill give ya my phone number and email address for contact.

Oh and really, $120 bones is nothing. Getting the license might take some people away though, but if its required then so be it. I fear it might rule out many people who just want to give it a shot... how will it work to show up to an event and borrow a friend's bike for a few laps?

Anyway, thanks for all your work.... hopefully the popularity explodes, but somehow manages to keep the sludge out of the bowl at the same time

·
Just Ride
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Guys, Be assured, there will be no racer's course needed to acquire a CMRC race license. Keep in mind, this will not be the only fee associated with the riding season though. Chances are we will need to have a club fee. Still working out the details though. Keep ya posted.

·
Registered
152 Posts
in definately in, and shoppin for a new bike, think im gonna switch to a 4-stroke this time, and im liking bill's review on that aprilia, gonna have to check that out

·
hot beef
276 Posts
Hey Guys, Be assured, there will be no racer's course needed to acquire a CMRC race license. Keep in mind, this will not be the only fee associated with the riding season though. Chances are we will need to have a club fee. Still working out the details though. Keep ya posted.
hey gas thanks for all the legwork on this project. membership is not a problem here and i will volenteer whenever i am not ridin

1 - 20 of 33 Posts