BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to start a small group of riders who want to bike down to the Baja in spring, 2007. Some may wish to trialer bikes to San Deigo first. Easter is the week of April 9th (must avoid this period, I think) and I would allow 2 weeks for the trip. That makes for a trip period of March 24 to April 7 or April 15 to April 30. Travel plans would allow for some quiet beach stops with good hotels, local food and lottsa cervasas. You don't have to stick to a tight group schedule and you could wander on your own (off-road side jaunts). We would do about 500-700kms a day when travelling down through to California and back. Once in the Baja we would adjust to the roads and logical destinations. At this stage, I'm thinking the south extent of travel would take us to around Loreto. The group would stick to HWY#1, which is good pavement.(usually)

I would like to get a showing of people who may be interested in joining a group for coffee or lunch to compare timing and trip preferences. I'm 58, I ride a 2003 Triumph Tiger. I like some off-road riding and I've travelled across the BC interior on highway and forest roads. I like speed and doing 500kms/days is not tiring. Contact [email protected] or post response here.

Greg

·
ride a lot
1,822 Posts
Trying to start a small group of riders who want to bike down to the Baja in spring, 2007. Some may wish to trialer bikes to San Deigo first. Easter is the week of April 9th (must avoid this period, I think) and I would allow 2 weeks for the trip. That makes for a trip period of March 24 to April 7 or April 15 to April 30. Travel plans would allow for some quiet beach stops with good hotels, local food and lottsa cervasas. You don't have to stick to a tight group schedule and you could wander on your own (off-road side jaunts). We would do about 500-700kms a day when travelling down through to California and back. Once in the Baja we would adjust to the roads and logical destinations. At this stage, I'm thinking the south extent of travel would take us to around Loreto. The group would stick to HWY#1, which is good pavement.(usually)

I would like to get a showing of people who may be interested in joining a group for coffee or lunch to compare timing and trip preferences. I'm 58, I ride a 2003 Triumph Tiger. I like some off-road riding and I've travelled across the BC interior on highway and forest roads. I like speed and doing 500kms/days is not tiring. Contact [email protected] or post response here.

Greg
Are street bikes are ok for most highways in Mexico? I guess we can buy insurance in San Diego, how much did you pay to insure you bike if you've ever done in the past?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If this is anything like Fishnbiker's Mexico trip, it should be an epic trip...and yes I am one of the 2 or 3 people who check out the RAT forum.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Great timing. Weather reaches around high 20's in the day and sun goes down after 6. Currency is pretty good still.

I'd be interested in a jaunt like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts