BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Vegas for fun in 2 weeks (nov 11-18). gonna spend a week there. figured i'd rent all sorts of bikes and see if i can even get some track time too. any recommendations for rental places and tracks? also gonna do every dammed rollercoaster there too! the higher the better yeeeehaww!

·
Bohica
2,801 Posts
I only saw one sportbike for rent down there and it was at a place that had mopeds. It was on the strip between the Empire Afterhours club and the Harley Davidson restaurant. I've got the name and #. I'll forward it when I find it. Other than that there were Harleys for rent at a bunch of places.

There was a track behind the Strataoshpere that was fun and you can take a Nascar for a spin.

The Gun Shop is always worth a visit. I'd also recommend Tao, Pure and Tryst for the nightlife. The Fix, Mix and Alize for dinner. The Helicopter for the hell of it. And lots of time at the pool. Oh yah, Saphire's worth a visit just to say you went to.

·
Poser Emeritus
2,732 Posts
Well I rented a 'Wing from Cruise America.

Unlimited mileage - I am now on their do not rent list

1724 miles in 2.5 days :flashy

Rent a big touring bike go to Death Vally, Valley of the Sun, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Damn and ride to Laughlin. You can also go to Needles and visit the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm.

It will be coolish to cold in the Desert take the right gear

There is a race school at LV sppedway I think it is a Freddy Spencer one.

·
2,217 Posts
Just outside vegas back towards california.....Buffalo Bills.....great rollercoaster there. It does like 80 mph on the 1st drop and I think it was a touch over 200 feet high.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Heading to Vegas for fun in 2 weeks (nov 11-18). gonna spend a week there. figured i'd rent all sorts of bikes and see if i can even get some track time too. any recommendations for rental places and tracks? also gonna do every dammed rollercoaster there too! the higher the better yeeeehaww!
the coaster at new york new york is good - don't bring any bags tho and do it before you start shopping cuz they don't let u take ANYTHING on the coaster and i don't trust the lurkers by the lockers that they offer. u have to take jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, watches) everything that can get snagged off. they didn't even let my sister wear her sweater on cuz they said the hood was a hazard on it.

·
Baby!
246 Posts
was down there in august and thanks to some advice from members here i got to check out the track behind the sahara previously mentioned. Basically for 10$ you get to drive a corvette and a humvee of your choice on a closed track and off road course.....awesome experience and probably the best 10 dollars i ever spent, so make sure you check it out

(my pic was too big and dont know how to resize, but ill try tomorrow when sober)

·
Addicted to two wheels
2,615 Posts
They just sent me this:

Ride?.....Don't ride?
East Coast cold & wet..Las Vegas in the 70's and sunny!
You choose!

Keith Code's California Superbike School will be running a 2-Day Camp at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on November 8 & 9 and we have a few spots left.

THE 2 DAY CAMP FORMAT
Our 2 Day Camp training format has always been our favorite because it really is semi-private training. We only allow 13 riders on track and with 7 to 9 coaches on and off track we custom tailor the instruction on a very individual basis.
In 1986 when we did the first 2 Day Camp we relied heavily on our on-board video for identifying the individual's strong and weak points and we still do.

OUR ON-BOARD VIDEO \"COACH\"
Our on-board, over the shoulder video is so good you'll get stage fright!
I mean it, we can see over 10 different points about your riding and correct them. We usually get between 2 and 4 taped rides with you, and of course you get the tape.

THE CAMP PACKAGE
All the gear, breakfast, lunch, lap times, all of our special training devices, way too much track time plus our world famous training make the 2 Day Camps a full-on refitting of your riding skills. Not to mention riding our '05/'06 Kawasaki ZX 6R (636cc) bikes, and that is something you will remember, they are amazing machines.

Those are the highlights of the camps, they are the obvious. What you really get, personally, is just a little beyond description.

Take a look at our schedule page (click below) or call 800 530-3350 for reservations and information.
http://www.superbikeschool.com/schedule/

·
Magyar ember
431 Posts

I want to do a similar trip exclusivly for 2 days of riding at Freddie Spencers performance school!! Should be a blast, and a good way to beat the winter time blues:rockon

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
Rent a big touring bike go to Death Vally, Valley of the Sun, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Damn and ride to Laughlin. You can also go to Needles and visit the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm.

Probably be heading into these areas next year after the GP.

Where's Valley of the Sun ?

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah both camps look like excellent investments. i'll have to do some math. might have to drive there, sleep in the trailer and share my dog's food. there pretty pricey for 2 days.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:) Since I'm off to Vegas for a conference in February anyway... thanks Darren for gathering all the info I need to add a lil riding holiday to the trip. Company's payin' for everything but the bike(s). :D But I won't be doing the camps... :eek

Continue -
:coffee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts