BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
try st1300p ;)

Victoria also have a female cop on a 599.

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
683 Posts
saw the bikes in the summer. vpd, victoria and rcmp are all getting the bikes. they have been doing test runs on them and they look like they are now being brought into service

G

·
Well, a 599 with one hell of a bill for customizations... There is no police package for that bike.

IIRC, they started her on another expensively converted 919 but it was too big.
You mean, a Honda like this?

Why would they accept a motorcycle officer who was unable to ride the standard police motorcycle?

·
Registered
936 Posts
This is only a test bike for VPD. It is the Honda ST1300 with aftermarket add on led lights. This is the bike featured in one of the Canadian motorcycle magazines for this month.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
This is only a test bike for VPD. It is the Honda ST1300 with aftermarket add on led lights. This is the bike featured in one of the Canadian motorcycle magazines for this month.
Otherwise known as an ST1300P :)

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
VPD will always have a fleet of RoadKing's for use downtown. They are significantly more maneuverable in the slow stuff than the ST. St is significantly better on the highway, which is why Vic got them

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
VPD will always have a fleet of RoadKing's for use downtown. They are significantly more maneuverable in the slow stuff than the ST.
I've never ridden an ST as I have an allergic reaction to Hondas that makes me fall asleep whenever I get on one but I have ridden an FJR and that's pretty similar and I'd say every bit as maneuverable as those HD cement mixers.

Have you ridden both those bikes?

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
VPD will always have a fleet of RoadKing's for use downtown. They are significantly more maneuverable in the slow stuff than the ST. St is significantly better on the highway, which is why Vic got them
What an obvious troll. There's no way one of those two-lung spinal cord compressors is more manoeuverable than any bike Honda makes. With the possible exception of the Rune or the Goldwing, of course.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
watch the RCMP drill team. The bike is more maneuverable at slow speed.

I have ridden both. At speed the ST is considerably more maneuverable, but for doing a U turn on a city street, you can't beat the HD. The ST and the FJR are too much like sport bikes for turning radius

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
What an obvious troll. There's no way one of those two-lung spinal cord compressors is more manoeuverable than any bike Honda makes. With the possible exception of the Rune or the Goldwing, of course.
I'm not so sure.
Slow speed maneuvers are an area where the HD's excel.
And so, they are a preferred ride for many police jurisdictions. (and drill teams)
However, we can't forget the fiscal angle as well.
HD has a well developed police service plan that makes owning a fleet of HD police equipment motorcycles less expensive than you'd think.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree, the HDs spank the sport touring bikes at slow speed manovers. I've seen a couple of the rcmp drill team guys - it's pretty impressive. That said, i think the HDs should be replaced with supermoto bikes because they can do way more. then maybe the cops would start doing wheelies too! :devillook

edit: i meant to say sport touring

1 - 20 of 24 Posts