BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A bulb blew and I'm trying to replace it. Anybody know how to pull the connector plug off? The Clymer shop manual just says to disconnect the plug, pull off the rubber damper, and remove the bulb.

Well, does that mean it's supposed to pull straight out? That's what it looks like according to the diagram, but it sure doesn't feel like it wants to slip out without a huge fight. I don't want to break anything!

Looks like there's a catch tab on the top -- so do I need a special service tool just to change a bulb? I always thought they pulled straight out. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
hey there is a little push button thing on the side of the plug that you NEED to squeeze it in or the thing will not unplug. at least that is how it is on my 02. your a 5th gen right? i think the only diff is the type of bulb...

you kinda have to pull it off like it is a giant zit...

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks avocet. Ya, it's a 5th gen. I'm going to go out now and try the squeeze thing.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. It worked! Next problem: Do you know how to get that wire bracket that holds the bulb back on?? Man, this is complicated. No wonder they don't mention anything about it in the manual!!

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a 2000. I'm referring to the Clymer, but it isn't helpful at all. I'm starting to wonder if I have to pull plastic off. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the wire bracket has a hook on the end that's supposed to catch onto something. I don't think I got it on the right spot, but it's caught onto something that seems to be holding it. I better leave well enough alone for now until I take another crack at it in the daylight...

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is one cool page SkydiveSonic!! Thanks! I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet in a pub!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts