BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
just enjoying the ride...
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Easter/Passover y'all...
Bought 90 VFR 750 about a year ago. Good shape, awesome ride... however always felt clutch lever pull was heavy. Really feel it it my grip/wrist after short while, especially in town ridin'. Clutch and mechanisms all work great, adjusted everything I could so far.... <owned many bikes, many varieties>
Thoughts?
Regards ~ Daniel

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
open the front sprocket cover and see how much crap is lodged in there.

·
Ride Solo
4,215 Posts
It's hydraulic

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
GSP said:
It's hydraulic
Then that's as good as it's going to get. There's only two options after all the simple things and basic tuning of the system is done.

Pazzo or similar levers that have a different bend that may not bother your hand as much.

Modify the size of the master cyliner bore by sleeving the bore and making a new piston so the area of the master cylinder piston is smaller. This will pump less oil but at higher pressure to move the slave piston easier but with a little less travel. If you don't have any clutch creep now then you may get away with it. If you already have signs of clutch creep then don't do this

·
just enjoying the ride...
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback... levers sound like a good area for me to give some attention to. So few VFR owners in comparion, tougher to get feedback...
Regards

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Lube the clutch lever pivot. Have to do it on my VFR every couple years.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Then I'd say it's time for you to stop trying to bench press that sumo wrestler....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts