BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Another reason to keep those islanders isolated. The stupid might spread.

·
loves them old
144 Posts
Typical. The aged population here hates anything fast. Frankly, oak bay and james bay can have their 40 kph limits on their terrible rez roads. Just don't touch the mains.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I think you guys might be missing the big picture here.

The tone of the article leads me to believe this is a lame duck politician with a pet project. The pet project is being shot down by her constituents and she's been taken aback.

·
Ridin Dirty
5,011 Posts
Word is she drives a Porsche SUV like she is Danica Patrick...... just another shitbag who wants to regulate everyone but herself.....

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
It's just to save some bucks. Victoria can lower their speed limit if they want.

If the province does it though then they don't have to buy new signs.

·
Poser Emeritus
2,731 Posts
If they want to slow traffic simply increase traffic volume by adding bicycle lanes.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
The argument she's giving to lower speeds is stricktly for safety reasons. I would like to offer the argument that if this councillor, and every other self imposed "higher purpose person" wants to really make an impact, lets call for speed limits in city streets be lowered to 10km/hr. I mean, that would pretty well stop anyone getting hit that wasn't looking to commit suicide by slow moving car???

Seriously, 10km/hr. Then watch businesses close down because it takes forever to get 'there from here'.

·
backslider
11,236 Posts
Goodness - Vancouver could export all it's crack-heads, street people, and schizoids over there ... and then they there too could have their limits reduced to THIRTY kph, just like on E. Hastings St.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Goodness - Vancouver could export all it's crack-heads, street people, and schizoids over there ... and then they there too could have their limits reduced to THIRTY kph, just like on E. Hastings St.
You have no idea of what goes on there. The city of Victoria has squads of little old ladies who patrol the streets. If they spot a person who might meet the description above they give that poor soul and envelope.

The envelope contains a one bus ticket to Vancouver and some voucher for meals in city.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Actually, they could drop the speed limit to 5km/hr along Hastings & Main area, and there'd still be people getting clipped by cars. Mayor Moonbeam has successfully built his welcome mat for the mentally ill, lazy, and those criminally inclined. It should be no surprise that "if it's built, they will come".

·
Registered
601 Posts
Actually, they could drop the speed limit to 5km/hr along Hastings & Main area, and there'd still be people getting clipped by cars. Mayor Moonbeam has successfully built his welcome mat for the mentally ill, lazy, and those criminally inclined. It should be no surprise that "if it's built, they will come".
ya on East hastings they wait for you to be right there then run out in front of you all cracked out and confused. to me it plays out like a good ole game of frogger.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What really gets my goat is, they already have 30 kph zones.. If they realllly need to slow traffic down, put more 30 kph zones in residential zones... Just another jaded rich politician listening to other old rich white people at a dinner party instead of their constituents... but .. tis the way of the world i guess eh?

·
Registered
190 Posts
'Gudgeon notes that by sticking to the 50-km/h limit, North American municipalities are “falling desperately behind” those in many European countries.

Last year the European Parliament adopted a resolution calling for local authorities to impose 30 km/h limits as a way of reducing the 31,000 annual deaths on Europe’s roads.'

I'm sure right as soon as this one passes they'll get right on raising the freeway limits to those on the autobahn, as well, lest they risk "falling desperately behind" those in many European countries.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
That stunned C*nt should go back to her garden in Oak Bay and leave the fucking speed limits to the working classes who NEED to get to places on time. They at one time proposed to put SPEED BUMPS on neighbourhood roads, the Police Fire and Ambulance had words about that one too.....some people are just too stupid to be using our oxygen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts