BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, any vrod owners on this board?
I was wondering whats the pros and cons of this bike were over a sportbike and if they were fun to ride and reliable?

Also whats the fuel consumtion and comfort level?

Thanks

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I understand it's not really made to corner. Too low, so lots will drag.

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
I spoke to a VROD owner just last week on the Albion ferry. He was mentioning that it was good on gas but a tank fill is 7 bucks. That means frequent stops. Not good if you are touring with other people.

Something to think about anyway.

Robert from VROM posts here drives a vrod from time to time. Might want to go over to the VROM board and post there.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Sweet looking machines, and if you have the bucks, it's fun for what it is: a cruiser. I don't think you can compare the "fun" factor of sportbikes versus cruisers. They're totally different machines, and good for different things.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
That's like comparing a SUV with a sportscar. Totally different applications and purpose, so it's just a matter of what you like to ride more, if you can purchase only one bike.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
small tank, but if I was looking at this, I would be looking at the Street Rod or the Night Rod.

The Street Rod has mid mounted pegs vs. the VRods forward controls. The Night Rod has both.

It is a great motorcycle, but is shunned by the most hardcore Harley supporters. You know, the ones that sit at Starbucks while dressed in full black and orange. They won't even look at a Buell.

So, basically I like them:D Different feel, different ride, but still a bike!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies :rockon

I never knew of the street and night models, very interestingly they are cheaper than the vrod and have more power. and lots of it! 120! and over 80 lbs of torque

I like the looks of the nightrod best. conveniently its the cheapest at 19 359

also another pro for the vrod is the 2 year warranty as where i believe honda is 1 year? correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
importing a bike is an option although I just bought my dirtbike from prtland and im second guessing that choice.

I left my bike at my friends house because my truck wasnt running and i got rode for a whole day....I can deal with that however,

theres quite a lot of paperwork to do and you even have to fax honda the sales receipt and title for them to fax you the clearence letter....

lots of shit to do and with a new bike you have a warranty and theres finanmcing options but thats for the pointer!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
04 vrod on CL = 14000US
converted to CDN - 16470
plus 300 BS border fee + 14% tax and u are up at 19000 before you know it.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
Spike said:
Both? :eek Now I want to see a picture of that.
Sorry, I looked it up and the Night Rod has mid-mounted pegs and controls like the Street Rod.

However, it does have highway pegs mounted up front for relaxed cruising.

I think that the Street Rod and Nigvht Rod may be identical except for that and the headlight fairing, but I don't care that much to look again.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
OK, so I do care. I used the comparison tool on the harley website, and basically the VROD and NIGHT ROD are almost identical, but the NIGHT ROD has midmount controls and highway pegs, whereas the VROD has forward controls only.

The motors are the same so the only spec that would mean anything to sportbike riders or ones that are converting are these:

LEAN ANGLE (in degrees)

VROD - 32/32

NIGHT ROD - 32/32

STREET ROD - 40/40

Plus the STREET ROD has those nice Brembo brakes.

I know what I would buy if I was looking for this.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
I definately don't think that you would ride more cautious or slow on a Street Rod.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice pics!
Although you dont need the streetrod to do wheelies:

I dont like the styling so much on the streetrod as the vrod and nightrod...NOGHTROD DEFINATELY being my favorite.

the only advantage I feel the streetrod has is the larger 18.? litre fuel tank whereas the nightrod has the 14.? litre fuel tank.

both have brembo brakes. Looks like im going to finance one as soon as this weather gets a little better :surrender

good thing about buying new is the markert is not weather dependant!

:evilgrin

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
well, make sure you ride both versions before laying down the cash, and do some proper corners on it.

I think that you could probably get a headlight fairing on the street rod, plus, it looks hot in that cherry black color.

·
repeat offender
11 Posts
Vrscr

Your comments are misinformed. The VRSCR Streetrod Handles well and has t,flat bars and he standard seating position with no highway pegs. It is totally different from all the other previous Vrods and should not be lumped in with them for comparison. It has a larger 5 gallon fuel tank, a different rake, upside down forks and Brembo brakes. The VRSCR is the only Vrod that can corner agressively. Only made for 2 years.

·
Super Moderator
23,555 Posts
Your comments are misinformed. The VRSCR Streetrod Handles well and has t,flat bars and he standard seating position with no highway pegs. It is totally different from all the other previous Vrods and should not be lumped in with them for comparison. It has a larger 5 gallon fuel tank, a different rake, upside down forks and Brembo brakes. The VRSCR is the only Vrod that can corner agressively. Only made for 2 years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts