BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
South Park Studios
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Put the bike on the road again for another season and noticed a slight wallow when entering a corner. When I come in pretty much upright and lean it, it wants to come up slightly. When I come into the turn agressively, hangin off the pegs, it seems to turn great. I feel it mostly on left hand tight turns.

My bike is an FZR600, I have Bridgestone BT010 for tires. Recently changed the fork fluid and have done the regular maintenance. I raised the forks 3mm in order to gain a quicker turn-in and that successful (the wobble was there even before that). Any ideas on what's going on with my bike? Is it a suspension setup issue?

Thanks everyone :thumbup

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would first look at ur front tire, has it done it since u have owened it, and if so is it the same front tire. If it feels like it wants to stand up in corners it sounds like a tire problem, especially if it only does it turning left. I dont think it would be a suspension problem.

·
South Park Studios
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jumby,
I think I'm going to get the tire looked at and have the shop look at the rim to make sure it is truly straight.
Thanks for the tip.:rider

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
The wallow can come from many things. Even though it may feel like the front it could be the rear shock that's getting soft. Or the swingarm bearings may be wearing and letting the bike hunt about.

But as well as all that the fact that you seem to be saying that the bike works better conering in one direction than the other makes me think that the rear end isn't pointed straight towards teh front any more. You might want to check out the wheel alignment. It just takes a minor brain fart to forget to turn the adjusters on the other side once. Or worse turn them the wrong way....

And of course you checked the tire pressures right away when it did this to be sure they are spot on..... A soft tire can make the bike feel like there's a hinge in it and for some reason they don't like to turn when low.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Just recently, I had the same sort of impression of my bike. One weekend, I took it out and it seemed to stand up upon braking a lot more than usual.

I thought, it's just the tyre pressure. When I checked, everything was in spec. I attribute the funny turn in to worn tyres. 6,000 km's of 70% city has changed the tyre profile. I'll check with BK about those other possibilites though.

This website is great!

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Hey Sewman, I've got just a touch over 9000 kms on my 207's and they feel like crap these days. I'm probably going to replace them in a month or so even though they still have lot's of tread just becuase of the crappy feel. Hell, it doens't even want to hold a straight line on smooth pavement thanks to the flat center band.

But I don't think this is Apollo's problem. Or at least not the problem that's causing the wallowing.

·
South Park Studios
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for the great tips!!
I checked out all of your recommendations and it seems that there were a couple things at fault.
First the tire pressure was about 2lbs below what is recommended, secondly the rear tire was slightly out of alignment with the front attributing to the terrible stand-up feel in left handers.
After a test-ride it seems to be cured. Hopefully others can use this advice in case they're suffering similar problems.
Great website by the way.
:rider :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Glad we could help out. This should be a good lesson to a lot of us. Check the simple things first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts