BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Slow
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF changed her mind ;) about the GS500E ... she now wants to ride with the boys.

Looking for a SV650S - used. Let me know.

G

·
0 Posts
How much does she want to pay for a used? And what year are you looking for?

·
Slow
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preferably as little as possible but she needs a bike that hasn't been dumped.

I'm not really sure of the differences between the years although I understand that the S in SV650S is important as this means with front fairing.

Not too interested in any performance mods of aftermarket can either - just need a relatively inexpensive but sexy bike that can keep up with the boys.

Color is nice.

C

·
0 Posts
look in the buy and sell... check out their site... www.buysell.com

they have a yellow sv650 on there... real nice... asking $7000 bux i think.... that sounded like a nice price to me...

i think BikeInBlack's SV was aroung $8000-$9000 i think.... not too sure.

good luck! :rider

L

·
0 Posts
i was at modern a few mths back ,and i was told that there was a black svs650S for sale for 6000
used 1999

those could be had for quite cheap

be patient

·
ignorance + apathy
286 Posts
It's not that easy to get a good used SV ... believe me, I tried ...

A new one listed $8400, the silver one looks great but don't expect too much discount.

I believe we can only get the fairing version (SV650S) in Canada, unless somebody imported the non-fairing version (SV650) from State.

Besides the color, the only different between the 02' and 99'/00'/01' is this year comes with front fork adjustable preload.

joeyrf ... let me know if you have any question about the SV and good luck.

BIB

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
One other small thing to note: my '00 SV650S had black wheels, while all other years have silver. Nit-picky difference, but I always thought my blue bike looked better with the black wheels.

Oh, and the "red" colour changed over the years. Newer reds are deaper and richer; older reds are more orangey. I think the newer looks better.

Someone in BC (lower mainland?) did import a non-faired SV650 from the US. Maybe you can track them down.

SVRider.com is THE website for SV650 stuff. Plus they have a buy & sell section.

There is also a Yahoo club for BC SV650 owners:SV650_BC.

The SV650 snuck into the market a bit quietly and dealers were willing to drop prices a bit. But now that the bike has caught on, they are less willing to dicker.

Gord
ex-SV rider

·
ignorance + apathy
286 Posts
Hi Gord ... how are u doing? I think you sold me the original pipe, right? I still havn't put it on ... too lazy :p

Yeah, SVRider.com got lot of info and frequent posts about selling SV, but most of them located in State which means you have to deal with all the shipping, duty, import documents/certificates ... etc.

I always check the BC SV650 owners group ... but it is a very non-active group. Last time I checked, it had only "FOUR" posts in March and "ONE" post for April.

BIB

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
BikeInBlack said:
Hi Gord ... how are u doing? I think you sold me the original pipe, right? I still havn't put it on ... too lazy :p

Yeah, SVRider.com got lot of info and frequent posts about selling SV, but most of them located in State which means you have to deal with all the shipping, duty, import documents/certificates ... etc.

I always check the BC SV650 owners group ... but it is a very non-active group. Last time I checked, it had only "FOUR" posts in March and "ONE" post for April.

BIB
Hey, that was you? Cool.

Yeah, the local Yahoo club does not get a lot of action. I was quite surprise it existed at all!

H

·
0 Posts
joeyrf said:
My GF changed her mind ;) about the GS500E ... she now wants to ride with the boys.

Looking for a SV650S - used. Let me know.
Go to motorcycle world in surrey they have blue 01(demo) I'm pretty sure he said 7100(not out the door)

·
Slow
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, so there are a couple out there - thank you all for your infos. ;)

Now all I have to do is go check them out. Any suggestions of what I should look for when assessing a used SV? Any known problems to watch out for?

Should I be taking these questions to another forum or does this fit in here?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
That should go to General. And thanks for asking :)

I did a long article for Adam but I havn't seen it here yet. If I can find it I'll PM it to ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts