BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am posting this on BCSB because I was there on a ride yesterday.

Long story short, I had lunch at this crappy restaurant, and i think the waitress stole my camera. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be as lucky as this person, but I want to warn you all as I know it's a favourite riding destination.

Beware of your belongings there, and beware of the shitty food and shitty service and obvious discrimination. My camera was on the table with my helmet when I went to use the washroom. My friend Sparky was sitting at the table. When I came back to gear up the waitress was already frantically cleaning up the table and in the flurry I think she already snatched the camera before I could see it, because my friend and I are 100% sure I had the camera there but did not leave with it. There were only 2 other tables there and I was by the washroom, no one else could take it.

I even had the gut feeling I was missing something but at that time I could not recall it, because I stopped and looked back at the table while she was cleaning and she even asked me if I was missing something - but I could not recall at that time.

There were a lot of other suspicious details and stupid things I won't mention to keep this post short. One thing was, I did not accuse her yet she said things like, "I wouldn't take your camera, I already have 2, I'm not poor, I don't need another one" and sending me to go to 5 different places to where 'people might drop them off'

I also found this review doing a quick search to find the restaurant address, don't know if it's any of you but totally the same feeling I got from that first guy who apparently was there just a few days before me.

WARNING DO NOT GO HERE, AND WATCH YOUR STUFF!!!!!!!

I almost wanted to go back there again and beat the shit out of her to get it. I did report to the RCMP so if anyone has any information that would be helpful please let me know.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Set up a sting operation....

One table of two observers preferably with a phone camera taping. Two other tables of "tourists" with cameras and other bags on the table. The tourists then get up for the washroom.....let it play out and see what happens.

·
Will wheelie 4 boobs!
950 Posts
Set up a sting operation....

One table of two observers preferably with a phone camera taping. Two other tables of "tourists" with cameras and other bags on the table. The tourists then get up for the washroom.....let it play out and see what happens.
Count me in!

·
Banned
280 Posts
Beware of your belongings there, and beware of the shitty food and shitty service and obvious discrimination. .
Also good advice for crackers if they should find themselves on #3 Road.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
So wait with a baseball bat for her to finish her shift ....

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ask them to check their cameras?
Well what's interesting is that there is a flaw on my lense. So anyone who takes pics with it there will be a particularly recognizable mark on every picture.

I'm guessing they'll just take my SD card and use it. I don't think it's worth getting a replacement charger or fixing the flaw.

Bastards.

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
Well what's interesting is that there is a flaw on my lense. So anyone who takes pics with it there will be a particularly recognizable mark on every picture.

I'm guessing they'll just take my SD card and use it. I don't think it's worth getting a replacement charger or fixing the flaw.

Bastards.
I meant, ask them to check their surveillance cameras?

Once, I was at a gas station and I went inside to pay and I lost my keys and I thought somebody stole it. Sure enough I dropped it into the bike when we checked the cameras.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I suggest you have a good cry about it. You'll feel better after, sunshine.

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I meant, ask them to check their surveillance cameras?

Once, I was at a gas station and I went inside to pay and I lost my keys and I thought somebody stole it. Sure enough I dropped it into the bike when we checked the cameras.
There is a camera but she says 'it doesn't record, it's only for the back kitchen to look at the front'

don't know why...

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Sounds like it's time to upgrade your camera anyways.

Remember, attachment to material items is a form of personal suffering.

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like it's time to upgrade your camera anyways.

Remember, attachment to material items is a form of personal suffering.
Well obviously it's not the camera. I can buy a new one. I have work related pictures on the camera ... pictures of people who left the country that I'll never see again ... that I didn't transfer because it was just a day before ....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts