BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my girlfriend home from the airport today and passed a rider-down on Boundary just up from Marine.

He was already in the ambulance and had been riding a red R6. The bike didnt look too bad so hopefully he's ok and if that was you or someone you ride with I hope thats the case...

Ride safe everyone:rider

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Definitely ride safe, especially when riding in the kind of conditions today. I was getting blown around on 91, and there was so much water coming down, my Teknic's were waterlogged. But like I tell people, riding a bike in the rain is still much more enjoyable than being stuck in a car--unless I have no rain gear. :)

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,833 Posts
sucks to be that guy!

seems I've been hearing about bike accidents once a week.
at the same time, I keep hearing about new riders to the 'sport'.
we're lining up to die.

it's gonna be a long summer!

·
Registered
193 Posts
i saw that too... an ambulance with a police car parked on the right lane, with the red R6 parked on the median. the bike looked fine. i hope the rider is okay.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
bl1tz said:
i saw quite a few ppl riding around ubc today in the rain, when it's cloudy i leave the bike at home
Yes, that one MO spot outside the Auditorium Annex already had 3 bikes parked when I arrived! :)

I was a little shocked that there were that many bikes out on such a crappy day, but I beleive it is a good thing. Too many riders refuse to ride in the rain, and then if they get caught in it they are not comfortable in those conditions and accidents can happen more easily.

Everyone should ride in the rain, not all the time but enough to get the feel of riding in the wet. And riding in those conditions will make you a better rider in the long run, you will better understand how your bike reacts under certain circumstances and how to control it.

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
I got caught in the rain once. It's not that bad. Our rides at Action were even done in the rain. I am more worried about other drivers not seeing you.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
vrecksler said:

Yes, that one MO spot outside the Auditorium Annex already had 3 bikes parked when I arrived! :)

I was a little shocked that there were that many bikes out on such a crappy day, but I beleive it is a good thing. Too many riders refuse to ride in the rain, and then if they get caught in it they are not comfortable in those conditions and accidents can happen more easily.

Everyone should ride in the rain, not all the time but enough to get the feel of riding in the wet. And riding in those conditions will make you a better rider in the long run, you will better understand how your bike reacts under certain circumstances and how to control it.
yah, i parked in front of you once. almost dropped my bike backing it out cause your sideviews stick out so far out:D

i'll take the bike out in the rain soon:)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I passed by that yesterday too...
I'm hoping the rider is ok...
be safe everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts