BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming back from collossus in langley tonight and I looked over through the blowing snow to see a guy on what looked like a suzuki katana riding down the shoulder with his feet walking the bike along at like 5kms an hour. You could barely see 10 feet in front of you and this guy was on his bike. I really felt sorry for him cause he is lucky if he makes it home without dropping his bike. Was just wondering if it might have been anyone that browses the forum.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hopefully he makes it home to post a reply to you.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
You gotta admire the sheer bloody mindedness of a guy riding in this crap. By the way, Ryan, were you in your p/u? How come you didn't give him a ride home?:D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I was at BK yesterday morning one of the mechanics comes riding up on a old Honda 250 ? 500 ? 2 cylinder- parallel, air -cooled, with what looked like dirt bike tires...looked totally cool....we were all standing outside the back area, around 8:40am, and were in awe....lol

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
if I was him and was trying to go up a hill.... forget it.... I would just leave my bike at the theatres and walk home....

when I got caught in the snow last january, it took me a hour just to push my bike up my driveway (it slants a tiny bit) :eek freaking snow provides the worst traction, worse than ice :eek :( :mad

R

·
0 Posts
I rode to UBC yesterday through the slush and snow and then went out to Whytecliff. It was actually kinda fun, like those guys riding through the Alps in Mach 3.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
yeah I had to ride to school today, but I came home early cause we are expecting another freaking 5cm of snow this evening and tonight :(

and geezz, it's a freaking sand box out on the roads :mad the street cleaners better be out in full force once this snow is gone :mad

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
the street cleaners better be out in full force once this snow is gone :mad
Don't worry, CG, there will be lots of rain soon to take care of the gravel.:(

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
Hu99 said:
You gotta admire the sheer bloody mindedness of a guy riding in this crap. By the way, Ryan, were you in your p/u? How come you didn't give him a ride home?:D
:eek :eek
:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont have a pic up truck. If you are talking about the mazda than that was many moons ago back when I was just a wee youngin. I dont even have my own vehicle now, I just bum a ride off my friends all the time or use the parents car. Thats why I have the bike paid off and am able to buy all these nice toys and accesories. When your only bill or expense of the month is a cell phone, you would be amazed at how much money you have for the finer things in life. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts