BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Poser Emeritus
2,738 Posts
I'm just reporting the facts for interested users. Despite the hyperbole of many posters on this thread, (yourself included) we're at 21 months now..
You are not reporting facts. You are just reporting an update on your status of being a "not yet apprehended" scofflaw.

All of your BCSB fans, (and I consider myself a fan) will be interested in the "facts" surrounding your inevitable incarceration and likely assumption of the nickname "Stretch" :laughing

Try not to get picked up on July 3rd if it is a Friday. :coffee

· Registered
18 Posts
scofflaw

I received a ticket in Washington State for going about 90 in a 30 zone. That sounds bad but was in an otherwise deserted park area. Anyway the ticket was more than $300. This was in 1987, on my RZ350.
I never paid the fine and worried each of the few times I crossed the border. About 10 years after I got the ticket a collection agency started hounding me. I had moved several times but they traced me. They demanded $1,000.
I refused to pay.
Recently I decided to pay the fine to get it off my back. I waited for an amnesty program and one came up in May last year. When I contacted the courts to see what I owed, I was told my fine was "waived and cleared." This was on the 20-year anniversary.
It was not worth it. I would pay asap.

· 41 over!
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Props to Kamloops for posting a helpful factual outline without the silly hyperbole.

· Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,675 Posts
Props to Kamloops for posting a helpful factual outline without the silly hyperbole.
Right from your first post you didn't want facts. You wanted someone to pat you on the back and say that nothing will happen to you. All those who have experience or are knowledgeable about law have posted up that you are taking a large chance. You don't want to hear it so you're dismissing it. Fact is you broke a US vehiclular law and were sited for it. You did nothing about it and it's now in the system as bench warrant for your arrest and the monetary portion sent to collections. Your safest bet, as has been said many many times in this post, is to pay it and get it cleaned up. Once again.....you don't want to hear that. You've made your choice and it may come back to haunt you in a few ways.

· 41 over!
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Sorry dude, I'm only interested in actual facts. Portions of your post are either untrue or you would have no knowledge of whether they are true.

All those who have experience or are knowledgeable about law have posted up that you are taking a large chance.

Reread the thread and you will see this is untrue

it's now in the system as bench warrant for your arrest

You have no idea if this is true. It is an assumption on your part

and the monetary portion sent to collections.

You have no idea if this is true. It is an assumption on your part
Feel free to continue with irrelevant flames

· Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,675 Posts
Sorry dude, I'm only interested in actual facts. Portions of your post are either untrue or you would have no knowledge of whether they are true.

Feel free to continue with irrelevant flames
It's pointless. As I stated.....you don't want to hear it. Go to Washington State Legislature and start at 46.23.010 and it will lay out what most have ben saying and some things they haven't mentioned.

· Registered
18,924 Posts
It's pointless. As I stated.....you don't want to hear it. Go to Washington State Legislature and start at 46.23.010 and it will lay out what most have ben saying and some things they haven't mentioned.
You are blowing smoke up the proverbial bum hole. It's no use.

It's his first ticket by the sounds of it... and he's just not paying.
He's outsmarting the man. It's like sex with a whore with STD's,
it's a rush when you get away unscathed.

From his post earlier, he'd have probably taken off if he'd have
been on his bike...

I'm in, virgin BCSB ride, not newb though, 35,000K, no tickets, although two incidents that we're not allowed to discuss! We're those actually flashing lights? Nope, just imagining things.

· Lee RideFar
5,467 Posts
I didn't think this thread would go this far! When in washington this summer four of us were pulled over and three of us were given tickets. I argued it and refused to pay it. Up until I went to this website. Then I paid it immediately. I enjoy riding too much in Washington to risk a night or a weekend in jail.

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/information/faqs.htm#violations

· That new bike smell
2,865 Posts
I didn't think this thread would go this far! When in washington this summer four of us were pulled over and three of us were given tickets. I argued it and refused to pay it. Up until I went to this website. Then I paid it immediately. I enjoy riding too much in Washington to risk a night or a weekend in jail.

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/information/faqs.htm#violations
Repost to the Trillionth Power.

· 41 over!
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Back and forth across the border this weekend for the Black Friday sales.

On behalf of the pansy flamers, I promise to hit it at 250 in 4th just once next season

· farmer
1,433 Posts
Next time the Washington police stop you and they run your licence,
You get a free all expenses paid trip to the crowbar hotel.

Pay it.

My dad got that trip in Florida from a 5 year old unpaid speeding ticket.

Don't forget about the impound and extra expenses..... Passenger or not.

· Poser Emeritus
2,738 Posts
2023, Never paid the ticket, zero problems with the border or Washington State Patrol despite being pulled over on one subsequent occasion. Y'all were a bunch of supreme bullshitters!

You have mistaken us for people who care about what happens to you and your ticket.

You have been lucky so far, and we know that if and when you get arrested you won't be coming here to tell us that you were arrested and/or put in jail.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts