BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be careful out there kids, was up in Squamish on Tuesday and wow, have the trails and roads changed! Huge washouts, streams running across roads that were not there last year. They come up on you quick.20k from the truck I hit one at speed,broke my thumb,pelvis and fractured my lower back in a couple places. My season is almost over and it never really got started. Now I get to see how fast my 56 yr old bones heal.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Sorry to hear you got hurt....You should heal up just fine! I have heard from friends how bad many of the off road riding areas are...Hope is like pick up sticks everywhere... the winter ice storm brought down lots of trees...other places have huge erosion from the rain storms...There is a trail clean up on Sunday at Ioco...and I think there is something going on at Mc Nutt.. Be careful out there!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Holy... nasty one, hope you heal up fine. Was there somebody there to get you out?
Somebody on DSBC posted up about lots of washouts...
First rides of the year are to reconnoiter and get the feel of the bike back... don't ride faster than you can see/stop...

Heal up...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Wow!! Sorry to hear. Good luck, to say the least.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Be careful out there kids, was up in Squamish on Tuesday and wow, have the trails and roads changed! Huge washouts, streams running across roads that were not there last year. They come up on you quick.20k from the truck I hit one at speed,broke my thumb,pelvis and fractured my lower back in a couple places. My season is almost over and it never really got started. Now I get to see how fast my 56 yr old bones heal.
Holy crap! Bad one. Gotta ask, how did you get out of the bush? Were you riding alone?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just started walking again from a broken pelvis. Couldn't have timed it better for my riding season, but the 3.5 months of non-weight bearing were tough! Hope you heal up quick.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was with a buddy,never ever ride alone. I was standing up when I hit. All my fault, 2nd ride out, just hopped up the bike, riding like it was mid season and was not looking far enough ahead.
We rode out, my buddy rode the bikes across the washouts (3 of them) he helped me across the washouts. laid my bike down, I would kinda walk over top of it and he would then pick it up so I was sitting,he'd kick it,turned the idle up and off we go to till the
next washout,repeat ... it was not a fun ride back.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You did all this on a 73 RD 350? I'm guessing not.

Did the front wheel plant and you got tossed over the bars? That must have been some hard hit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I hit so hard I blew both fork seals!! The guy I ride with started riding on the north shore mtns when he was a kid, type of guy you want to be with deep in the bush when shit goes south.

·
backslider
11,214 Posts
best plan of all - keep your shit in the north.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts