BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight so i just caught the end of it on the news, but looks like they got some choppers to fly the highways and for all you in chilliwack or abby like me be really careful they loggin most hours out here, looking for speeders, and since there is a growing number of pursuits to assit in thoses.

If i am wrong please let me know, but looks to me like i aint geting to abby in 5 min lol anymore haha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
huh i doono about chopper one they said it was a brand new thing, but then again i didnt catch the whole story you wanna fill me in

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just tilt your mirrors up.

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
Guess they got tired of doin the S2S.

Aren't you guyz in The Wack busy saving your dope fields from the rain. Didn't think there would be much time for riding this week.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
Guess they got tired of doin the S2S.

Aren't you guyz in The Wack busy saving your dope fields from the rain. Didn't think there would be much time for riding this week.
lol your just jealous we live on 40,000 sqaure feet in the fraser valley and you city people live in 500 sqaure feet 1000 feet in the air. :laughing

·
Look up, Way up
82 Posts
Air1 was bought to aid in all police matters, its main rolls are airiel observation, and the search and destroy of open air grow ops.

If equipped with FLIR, it might be able to actually get your plate... they can legally fly as high or low as necessary barring certain restrictions, and they assist ground units in persuits very often.

Basically- should Air1 see you speeding, they have to sick a ground unit on you to do anything about it... but they are equipped to follow you to your door and lead ground units to you, with photo evidence that the bike was accesively speeding... throw that in with the RCMP's spiffy new 911 ghost car and speeders dont stand a chance.

That 911 is pretty cool, to bad it has to be used against us. The helicopter is mainly used for chases where someone wont stop, and the initial finding of a speeder. If you think you can outrun it (well, youre a moron) because its cruise speed is about 120Knts (223Km's for you non aviation types) at its maximum weight. okay, so some of your bikes can out run it... should you find a perfectly straight road where your fuel will last you more then about 3 hours, you might actually do it. Otherwise, youre screwed.

In the OK we have Air3, which is Air1's more powerful big brother, but she spends more time hunting open air grows and helping with other shit.

When you think about it, all they are doing is trying to reduce the number of RIP threads on here.

Cole

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
When you think about it, all they are doing is trying to reduce the number of RIP threads on here.

Cole
Actually by the sounds of it, they are trying to reduce the number of grow ops. People can die, but if taxes aren't being paid then thats a priority! lol :laughing

·
Waiting for the sun
502 Posts
Actually by the sounds of it, they are trying to reduce the number of grow ops. People can die, but if taxes aren't being paid then thats a priority! lol :laughing
+1 :imwithstu
I am a firm believer that the Govt. enforces seatbelt laws so we stay alive just so they can collect more taxes off our backs when we survive an accident.

·
Not wearing pants.
3,387 Posts
That 911 is pretty cool, to bad it has to be used against us. The helicopter is mainly used for chases where someone wont stop, and the initial finding of a speeder. If you think you can outrun it (well, youre a moron) because its cruise speed is about 120Knts (223Km's for you non aviation types) at its maximum weight. okay, so some of your bikes can out run it... should you find a perfectly straight road where your fuel will last you more then about 3 hours, you might actually do it. Otherwise, youre screwed.
That's when you head for the airport bypass, or a tunnel....
:jk

·
Crotch Rocket Scientist
929 Posts
The chopper won't give a shit unless you're doing 200km/h or outrunning a land vehicle. It's not up 24x7. It would be awfully flukey for it to spot you without being tipped by a ground vehicle. It's main traffic job is to track ground vehicles when ground pursuit is too dangerous or impractical. It is equipped with a mega-powerful spotlight, awesome camera equipment and infra-red. So if you are running around at night, and you outrun the ground pursuit you may never even know it's there as you park your hot bike in a bush somewhere. It doesn't have to get close to you to keep track of you and it's a fairly quiet chopper.

Basically - if you outrun ground pursuit, you'd better pull out your heat-proof blankey and toss it over the bike....you're probably still going to get nailed.

Tunnels won't help because they'll know you went in but the airport isn't a bad plan because they aren't allowed to fly into that zone - though they may get special permission if the path is clear.

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
The only speeding they're gonna see these days in chilliwack will be on seadoos. Water level come down yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAHA fuck its been raining for like 1 aand a half weeks i got hit in the face by a flying stick this moring going for a run, im getting sick of this shit lol, man i heard nothing bout this Ghost 911 shit i raced one last year i was beatig him till about 250 then his little spoiler came up and whoooosh gone i was like HOLY SHIT lol man 911, choppers, were so screwed lol but i dont think the but is there not A law that grond pursuits are not to exceed 180kmph???? same with i heard radar guns are only capable of that which i have fun to be true, i went thru one of thoses "watch your speed" things at about 185 and it didnt read me so it tried it again at 170 and it did so anybody no anything bout that.

And i donno bout u guys but i try and stay off the highways such a boring ride!!! All agreed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mabey you need to go back to school Doug!!!!

So i heard nothing about this Ghost 911 car, i raced one last year i was beatig him till about 250 then his little spoiler came up and whoooosh gone i was like HOLY SHIT.....so we got 911, choppers.... ere so screwed lol

Is there not A law that ground pursuits are not to exceed 180kmph???? same with i heard radar guns?? are only capable of reading 180km.....which i have found to be true, i went thru one of thoses "watch your speed" things at about 185 and it didnt read me so it tried it again at 170 and it did so anybody no anything bout that.

And i donno bout u guys but i try and stay off the highways such a boring ride!!! All agreed

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Mabey you need to go back to school Doug!!!!

So i heard nothing about this Ghost 911 car, i raced one last year i was beatig him till about 250 then his little spoiler came up and whoooosh gone i was like HOLY SHIT.....so we got 911, choppers.... ere so screwed lol

Is there not A law that ground pursuits are not to exceed 180kmph???? same with i heard radar guns?? are only capable of reading 180km.....which i have found to be true, i went thru one of thoses "watch your speed" things at about 185 and it didnt read me so it tried it again at 170 and it did so anybody no anything bout that.

You're embarassing my name.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts