BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Racin' anyone anytime
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

If anyone is looking for a mid-week adrenaline fix, meet me, and whomever else shows up ready to ride for 6pm.

The meeting spot is at the northern most end of the paved portion of 256th St. in Maple Ridge.

The group of riders that will be doing this weekly ride are responsible, fast, and looking for fun. If you want to learn how to be faster, how to clear some of the difficult terrain, come on out.

Jon

·
Registered
181 Posts
i would love to join up...but alas im in kamloops....and i have no headlight so once its dark im screwed....sounds like fun though

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is the end of 256th the gravel pit place? Isn't it blocked off (dead end) with a big gate and No tress. sign? Past the Justice institute? I just wanna make sure this is the right place. I have a quad 9so I won't be joiing in but wanted to get up there sometime.

I didn't realize this was the entry point to McNutt.

·
Racin' anyone anytime
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to let everyone know, these rides are still occuring, and are for the skilled riders who need to get out for a few hours during the week with other like minded mature folk.

Jon

·
JUST WANNA BE...
125 Posts
Need to bum a ride..

Does anyone who goes there come from Port Moody are? I would like to check it out but would need a ride. (Hoping that my bike is ready by then).

M

·
0 Posts
think i might be up for these... every wednesday when its not raining?
also i'd have to drive through port moddy (burnaby) to get there so maybe i could give u a ride

·
JUST WANNA BE...
125 Posts
moto_chris said:
think i might be up for these... every wednesday when its not raining?
also i'd have to drive through port moddy (burnaby) to get there so maybe i could give u a ride
COOL! I wouldn't be able to go tonight because my bike isn't ready, but maybe next week, weather pending. I'll PM my number to you.

THX

·
Racin' anyone anytime
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're doing them regardless of rain.. BUT the ride for the 7th has been postponed until the 8th of June. We will be riding this Thursday instead of the usual wednesday.

Keep in mind, this can be an unforgiving place so if your new, it probably isn't the best place to learn.

Jon

·
JUST WANNA BE...
125 Posts
Rumor has it that it is a pretty tough place. Maybe I'll try it out a little later. I went to No 8 road in Richmond last weekend. It was pretty hard to ride in the sand for the first time but it was a ton of fun.

·
Racin' anyone anytime
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supposedly this is one of the toughest places to ride. That's why after only 3 hours of it, your done.

Hope tailing ponds has some good trails that aren't too bad, and lots of variety there. www.teamgrizzly.ca has info on how to get there.

Jon

suviee said:
Rumor has it that it is a pretty tough place. Maybe I'll try it out a little later. I went to No 8 road in Richmond last weekend. It was pretty hard to ride in the sand for the first time but it was a ton of fun.

·
JUST WANNA BE...
125 Posts
I'll definately be checking all those places to ride over the weekends. THX for the link. How was the riding yesterday?

Does anyone know where there is some riding within the PoCo, Port Moody, Coquitlam area? Is there absolutlely no other areas closer? There's a couple of 4X4 spots around here but they are not as fun to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts