BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
More filling!
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent this email to Carter Motorsports sales department :rant :

Last night your automated phone marketing system called us at home and left a message.

THIS IS THE QUICKEST WAY POSSIBLE TO LOSE YOU CUSTOMERS. We are listed on the various "DO NOT CALL" lists and we work very very hard to keep random marketing CRAP from intruding into our home.

I like your shop. I like (some of) your parts folks. I like your location. I frequent it. I'm even willing to pay more for the convenience of being able to walk to your store.

DON'T SCREW IT UP.

This should be bone obvious. Whoever thought calling anyone at home near dinner time to advertise some sale is not so bright, in my humble opinion.

I would appreciate a simple response VIA EMAIL confirming that we have been removed from your phone marketing program.

Thank you,

<name>
<phone>

PS - And no, I don't wish to receive Email SPAM either.

R

·
0 Posts
are you sure they were trying to sell you something?

did you buy a bike from them and they were trying to contact you about it?

Just playing devil's advocate here. I'm just asking cuz I've never had a dealership contact me about their sales...

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Ratzilla said:
Just playing devil's advocate here. I'm just asking cuz I've never had a dealership contact me about their sales...

RMS did the same thing a couple of weeks ago for their sale. Left an automated message (at my home number) for anyone who bought a bike there - a "VIP" invitation before the sale was open to the general public. I don't get many soliciting calls at home and wasn't upset - although I agree that a call from a real person vs. machine would have been better.

No biggie - even dropped by and got a pair of Sidi boots at 40% off, so obviously the automated message worked in my case.

C

·
0 Posts
I got that message last night too, and found an e-mail this morning. My feeling on this is that my phones, e-mail, fax etc are for MY convenience and use and the use of those I choose to communicate with. Every time I receive an unsolicited telephone sales call I waste as much of the guys time as I can and end the call with "PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST".
They are obligated to do so and after a short while the calls will dry up until you end up on a bunch of new lists.
Try it, it works.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Yeah, I got it too - and I agree with stily that it was pretty annoying. I would prefer that they wouldn't do the automated call thing. Although that reason alone is not gonna stop me from going there - it may put them lower on my list of shops to check out if I were looking at picking something up.

That being said, I get these same sorts of automated calls to remind me to get my truck serviced, or whatever - that I don't mind. But then again, that's a call directed at me, as a reminder (in addition to having their sales pitch to get it serviced by the dealership). It's different from a standard sales pitch recording sent out to every customer in their phone list.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
5thgear said:
Where do I get one of those machines sounds like every shop should have one.

Hmmmmm sounds like a Simpson's episode. :)

R

·
0 Posts
mli35 said:
Hmmmmm sounds like a Simpson's episode. :)
lol, "Greetings, friends. Do you wish to look as happy as me? Well, you've got the power inside you right now. So use it and send one dollar to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. Don't delay. Eternal happiness is just a dollar away."
'Happy Dude'

damn, I guess I don't get any of these messages since I havn't bought a bike from a dealership before. Don't they need one of those "I hereby give consent to be contacted...blah blah blah" things signed to advertise?

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
You guys should have registered your number with the CRTC as "do not solicit"
Then call them back telling them you have reported them.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
"One dollar for eternal happiness? Mmmm... I'd be happier with the dollar."

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
I got it too! But I was so juiced up from afternoon celebrations (Speeding ticket) that I was trying to converse.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
BK just mails out a flyer to their preferred customers for the VIP sale.

Must cost a lot more in postage than an auto machine though.

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
Good old Pete said:
You guys should have registered your number with the CRTC as "do not solicit"
Then call them back telling them you have reported them.

Hey Pete, you had a thread about that ages ago. It worked, but I think there is a time limit or something, or may I made a new list. Do you still have the link? The surveys are making me crazy!!!

I got one from RMS a few weeks back that surprised me, never bought a bike there, and maybe just a few small accessories. Didn't bother me. Its the surveys and charities that call at the most inopportune times that drive me batty.

·
More filling!
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE: I received a nice personal note from Troy and he said he would have me removed from the list. Now I'm feeling a bit embarrased for being such a grump out of the gate. I like Carter. Next time I'll ask nicely first (once) because it is a small enough organization that I think that might actually work. I still think it was a dubious way to shake the 'ol money tree, though.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Meh..i was all like WTF? somebodies phoning me?.. didn't even get the whole message for some reason. Would have been cool if they were calling about the demo day or something like that...it only took a second to delete the message.
Must have got my number from Troy, as I don't think I've ever bought any thing from either location.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
5thgear said:
Where do I get one of those machines sounds like every shop should have one.
hey man all you got to do is plug your nose and pause about 2 seconds after saying hello. and remember! don't pause and answer any questions! that'll be a dead giveaway!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts