BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... The only riding I got to do was on the bicycle as I went around to 3 different insurance companies. All closed. So I just went back home and worked on the Track Toy for the rest of the day.

Oh well, I'll get some plates this week for sure but it's supposed to get crappy later in the week. Probably rain all next weekend too.

At least it's helping wash away the sand and dust. MAN, the roads are in sad shape as soon as you get out of town......... aren't they Mike :flip

I went up to see the folks in Penticton this weekend. Don't bother with route 3 anytime soon. So much sand you can hardly see the white lines in places. Not to mention quite a few surprise rocks on the road on the corners with cliffs on the insides. Go easy if you're at all in doubt for the next couple of weeks until the roads are cleaner.

On a brighter note I passed Dalton's house as he and 1/2 a dozen other riders were off for a day of fun in the sun. Yep, he's still alive......

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
BMatthews said:
At least it's helping wash away the sand and dust. MAN, the roads are in sad shape as soon as you get out of town......... aren't they Mike :flip
yeah well, dirt is dirt, rode in it before, but this was a hidden layer which caught me, damn dirt.... i'll get my revenge!! :) :)

when is the government gonna get off there asses and get trucks out in the road to clean them off?? i'm gettin tired of this crap on the roads.... grrrrrr! :)

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Hey Bruce.....how much have you got left on the toy and whens your first track day?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atomlowe said:
Hey Bruce.....how much have you got left on the toy and whens your first track day?
The only really big deal right now is the racing plastic I've ordered. I doubt it's going to make it here for the track school so I'm hoping they'll let me either run it with no fairings or just put on what I have, which isn't much.

Other than that just a few little odds and ends. And I got to the end of the month so there's plenty of time.

But I want to get it together by mid month and truck it out to some remote parking lot for some running time. I've got new brake pads all 'round and new tires. I'd like to get some break in time on both before I have to perform.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Did you rebuild your suspension. I remember you talking about re-doing your forks.

the race plastic....did you get the OPP or sharkskinz? i was quoted just over $1000 for a full set of Sharkskinz. I haven't had the chance to look at the quality of them though. I really don't know if I'd like to take my daily on the track or just wait till next year when I can afford a second bike. Kinda looking for an wrecked SV right now.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put an F3 shock with the separate reservoir in the rear. This gives me independent adjustments for compression and rebound. Up front I just put Racetech springs and 15w oil in the forks. We'll see how that does for starters. If I don't like the front end I'll look at replacing it with something newer. Perhaps a whole F3 front end so I get bigger calipers.

The skinz are coming from OPP. The price was cheaper at 760 and the wait was going to be almost as long if I went south. For $250 I can afford to be patient.

If I have to I'll just duct tape on the old stuff for the training sessions :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts