BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering my Micron Scorched High Mount Slip-on.

Probably about 3 weeks away.

Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And that Ivan's kit is looking better and better.

One guy I was talking to sent me his Dyno who had Ivan install his kit onto his bike with a Two Bros slip-on.

Corrected numbers, and even if there off a little that's a very impressive gain and WAY smoothed out power curve.. not to mention the bike apparently feels much peppier.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Nice, can't wait to see it.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
that some nice power gain, what kind of power you expect from the micron and ivans kit? or is it more of beefing up the midrange and smoothing out the entire curve?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Nice pipe. I love that high look but for me it's a non starter. The scorched look would soon transfer to the saddle bags I use for touring............. :(

Not to mention that it pretty much turns the bike into a solo ride unless the passenger has asbestos pants. A racing tail would be REALLY nice if and when you paint it something else.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I understand the can doesn't get very hot, in fact so much so that you can touch it with your bare hand and it'll just feel very warm. I don't have a passenger all that often - so I'm not too worried about it - and as soon as she gets her bike, solo tail here I come.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
That looks sweet Adam. The scorched look I think is awesome especially on a blue bike. The high mount takes it though. Very clean IMO.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I just ordered it, they said it'll be a couple of weeks.. I can't wait! :D :spinsmile :spinsmile

C

·
0 Posts
nice pipe man... looks sweet on the blue R6... the paintjob on the tail goes nicely with the scorched look. sweet!! :flashy :D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered it from www.kneedraggers.com and dealt with both Ron and Todd, both great guys, both know what customer service is. Really impressed.

I'm going to have Pacific Yamaha throw it on when they tune my bike and shim my jets.

·
Registered
227 Posts
absolutdm said:
I ordered it from www.kneedraggers.com and dealt with both Ron and Todd, both great guys, both know what customer service is. Really impressed.

I'm going to have Pacific Yamaha throw it on when they tune my bike and shim my jets.
i've heard good things about kneedraggers... n i know they have great prices, but are there any hassles in bringing in goods from the states? custom holdups? n any extra fees??
just wondering cuz i plan to buy from them in the near future, n it sounds like u'r quite experienced in net buying. TIA :)

n oh, great looking pipe man. the rainbow tinge looks awesome! :cool
btw, r u ashley mcneil's brother?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya, that's my little sister.

Small world aint' it? :D How do you know her?

As for ordering online, I had a little bit of a hassle because they only want to ship to the address that my Visa bill is sent to, which of course is in Canada. I persuaded them to send it to Blaine by calling my Visa company and putting a note on my account and having Kneedraggers (Todd - part owner of the co.) call the Visa company to verify that I am responsible for goods shipped to the US address.

I figured I'd get raked over the coals bringing it in via UPS, because any courier company charges you brokerage fees plus all the regular duty & taxes. So hopefully this will become a little cheaper this way. :D

Plus I have to go down there sometime anyways to pick up some stuff that I can't get here...

·
Registered
227 Posts
absolutdm said:
Ya, that's my little sister.

Small world aint' it? :D How do you know her?

As for ordering online, I had a little bit of a hassle because they only want to ship to the address that my Visa bill is sent to, which of course is in Canada. I persuaded them to send it to Blaine by calling my Visa company and putting a note on my account and having Kneedraggers (Todd - part owner of the co.) call the Visa company to verify that I am responsible for goods shipped to the US address.

I figured I'd get raked over the coals bringing it in via UPS, because any courier company charges you brokerage fees plus all the regular duty & taxes. So hopefully this will become a little cheaper this way. :D

Plus I have to go down there sometime anyways to pick up some stuff that I can't get here...
yea, a close buddy of mine is good friends with your sister. i also use to go to HughBoyd way back in the early highschool years, n i know Mel, one of your sisters friends.

back to online ordering... its starting to sound like a pain in the ass to purchase via net. so is it actually worth it then to buy stuff online n get it shipped right to my door in canada?! do u know what kinda percent they charge on duty n on brokerage?!?

damn... wish i had a friend that lived in point roberts!
or maybe i could persuade u adam, to pick up orders for me for a nice fee... ;) :laughing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts