BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather forecast for the next week looks terrible. I insured my bike on Saturday morning, and got a decent weekend of riding in anyways - and Friday my pipe is coming, so I at least have something to look forward to!

:gun Crazy weather!

·
Registered
227 Posts
absolutdm said:
The Pipe:
http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=444

And ya, I'm insured for the year now. At almost $200/mo!! :eek
speaking of insurance.... does anyone here know what the insurance bracket is for lower cc bikes... n whats the difference in fees??
i think above 499cc is in one insurance bracket n below is another... just wanted to compare the insurance difference between a 250cc n 600cc.

damn... $200/month!:eek i dunno how i'll ever afford the insurance let alone a bike.... *sigh* :(

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
mospeed21 said:

speaking of insurance.... does anyone here know what the insurance bracket is for lower cc bikes... n whats the difference in fees??
i think above 499cc is in one insurance bracket n below is another... just wanted to compare the insurance difference between a 250cc n 600cc.

damn... $200/month!:eek i dunno how i'll ever afford the insurance let alone a bike.... *sigh* :(
well try getting a job, that helps ya know :) or in my case, a higher paying job would help even more :laughing :laughing

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
The three main factors in determining the cost of insurance are the declared value of the bike and your discount and the type of coverage. Just stop by any insurance place and tell them your thinking of buying a 250cc and tell them the declared value and what you want on it and they can tell you exactly what it's gona cost.

For example for my bike which is a lot older and only worth 1/4 what the R6 insured for a year with full coverage is. A 90 FZR 600 with collision, theft & Fire and 1 million liability with a declared value of $3500 and a 40% discount would be somewhere around $1300. Which is just over $100 a month. If only I had a 40% discount on my bike :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
mospeed21 said:
speaking of insurance.... does anyone here know what the insurance bracket is for lower cc bikes...
0-49cc
50-399cc
400-749cc
750-999cc
1000+

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Benjamin Tang said:
is there any purpose in getting 3rd party liability for a motorcycle? maybe if u carry a passenger? otherwise i'm thinking i'll most likely be dead if something happens to me and any liability wouldn't matter :(
or what happens if you smoke a pedestrain crossing the street or something... so i'd say it's worth it....

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

or what happens if you smoke a pedestrain crossing the street or something... so i'd say it's worth it....
what the hell is the base insuarance then for?
argh so much money

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
AlphaQ said:

what the hell is the base insuarance then for?
argh so much money
I think the basic insurance only covers up to $300,000 in liability, people these days sue for millions, so better safe than sorry....

G

·
say you write your bike off (knocking on wood) does icbc only cover for the declared value or the real value in blue book?

G

·
blazinr6,

ICBC Covers either the book value based on similar bikes for sale, or the declared value, whichever is lower...

So if your dec. value is $5000 but you're bike is actually worth $8,000. icbc will only give you $5k, on the same note if your dec value is $10k but you're bike is only worth (in their eyes) $6k then you get the 6K,... nice how that works eh?

as for ICBC :2guns

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
absolutdm said:
The weather forecast for the next week looks terrible. I insured my bike on Saturday morning, and got a decent weekend of riding in anyways - and Friday my pipe is coming, so I at least have something to look forward to!

:gun Crazy weather!

holy shit
it was -1 when i rode to work in the morning!
the sun is shining though..
if it starts rainin - it's gonna snow
dammit
:1up

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Yes, the weather LOOKS great with the sun and blue sky, but it is damn cold. Even in my well heated truck, I could imagine riding today and my hands would be blocks of ice by the time I got to school.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts