BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about Saturday? Tofino anyone?

Whaddya say? Anyone up for an all day Island blast to Tofino?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: What about Saturday? Tofino anyone?

Hu99 said:
Whaddya say? Anyone up for an all day Island blast to Tofino?
Hey man I may be interested. We taking the Twassen Ferry and what time we leaving. My bikes pretty uncomfortable after 2 hours of riding so I am a bit scared of going, but I always wanted to do the Tofino run.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Me and sewman were already planning to go out there for Saturday. I think we're catching the 7:30am (?) ferry from Horseshow Bay though...as we both live on the North Shore. I think we're taking the Twassen ferry home though. Maybe we'll cross paths with you guys.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's two ways to do this. We could take the 7am from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay and ride up the Island over the Malahat, or take the 7:45 from Tsawwassen to Duke Point (Nanaimo) and meet up with Harps and Sewman. Harps, you going to Tofino too? The ferry from Horseshoe Bay is at 6:30 or 8:30am. Which one are you taking? If you take the 8:30, we can meet up in Nanaimo and head on out to Tofino.

Manny; Farhad, I'll wait for Harps reply before we decide on a ferry time unless you have a preference for either one. Don't worry about the Blade's comfort, Manny, we'll take plenty of breaks. Gotta take the time to stop and smell the roses.:rider

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
I might be down for this in lieu of the friday ride which required fancy work scheduling for me to get off ;).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hu99 said:
There's two ways to do this. We could take the 7am from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay and ride up the Island over the Malahat, or take the 7:45 from Tsawwassen to Duke Point (Nanaimo) and meet up with Harps and Sewman. Harps, you going to Tofino too? The ferry from Horseshoe Bay is at 6:30 or 8:30am. Which one are you taking? If you take the 8:30, we can meet up in Nanaimo and head on out to Tofino.

Manny; Farhad, I'll wait for Harps reply before we decide on a ferry time unless you have a preference for either one. Don't worry about the Blade's comfort, Manny, we'll take plenty of breaks. Gotta take the time to stop and smell the roses.:rider
I say we take the 7:45 ferry from Tsawwssen and meet up with them. Its a 2 hour ferry ride so I can rest my sore back on the way home:D We better take some breaks or I am gonna have to ride your ZX-9r:D I will PM you tommorow in the evening to let you know if I am going for sure.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
7:45 ferry from Tsawwassen to Duke Point then. We'll meet in the ferry line-up because they'll put all the bikes in the same spot anyway. Mr.Murphy, hope you can make it.:D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I posted an error in the previous message. The ferry time is 7:45 not 8:45...sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Lloyd how long is the ride ? the reason why I ask is becasue I work friday night and again saturday night.....

I am off Saturday at 7am so would it be possible to take the 8:45 ferry, from where ? Horseshoe bay or Twassa. ???

MANNY, NO ! YOU BETTER COME, IT WON'T HURT.....WILL LET YA SWITCH ON THE 6R IF YOU LIKE :cool , I WILL RIDE YOUR BEAST...COMEON.....did ya have to get a honda ??? jeez.....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
The Big Plan

I say Llold, Manny, Mr. Murphy, Harps and Sewman meet at 7am at 1379 Howe st. in downtown vancouver.

Intersection of Howe and drake or howe and pacific, it's the Executive Hotel Downtown Vancouver, right next to the Quality hotel; right next to the on ramp for the granville st. bridge on Howe....

We can then all leave together for the horseshoe bay 8:30 ferry..... we can even have breakfast at the hotel if you all like, I get 50% off.....they make the best eggs. bene.

Comeon people, it will be fun going together.....please, please, preety please ?
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease ?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
7am at the Executioner Inn :D (They're killin' Farhad) I'll be there. It's a long ride, but you'll get two chances to sleep on the ferry, and you'll be home in time for a nap before work. See you there, Farhad.

Yeah, Manny....come on, dude! You shoulda bought my old rebuilt 9'er if your ass can't take a Blade. (Ouch! That sounds painful)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Thanks Lloyd,

ok now, Mr. Murphy, Sewman and Harps are you in or what ? Manny is in.....I just need to talk to him.....:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
MANNY IS IN !!!!....JUST SPOKE WITH HIM...ACTUALLY WOKE HIM UP :D:D:d he will meet us at the hotel....

ok 3 more to go, Mr. Murphy, Sewman and Harps......

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hu99 said:
7am at the Executioner Inn :D (They're killin' Farhad) I'll be there. It's a long ride, but you'll get two chances to sleep on the ferry, and you'll be home in time for a nap before work. See you there, Farhad.

Yeah, Manny....come on, dude! You shoulda bought my old rebuilt 9'er if your ass can't take a Blade. (Ouch! That sounds painful)
Now I know why they call it the Blade. I am in for the Tofino ride but if something comes up I will PM you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
dknite said:
Manny, what kinda blade you got man? 900rr or 929.. my 929 is a COMFY ride..
I have a 99 blade, I sat on the 2000 929 and it fits me way better too. The problem I have with my bike is the gas tank is too wide and my legs get sore because of it.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Sweet! That sounds great. Me and Sewman are in, he just sent me an email. We will take the 8:30am ferry from horseshoe bay. So let's clarify...what's the plan?

Are you guys going to meet at the Executive Hotel? If it's cool with you guys, you can maybe just meet up with us at the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal. We both live on the North Shore, so going downtown, then back onto the North Shore would sort of be a wasted trip.

Is this cool? So we are set on the 8:30am departure time of the Horseshoe Bay ferry to Nanaimo?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Get back to work Harps. :evil You shouldn't be writing on this board so often.

Ahem...

Hope to see you guys on the 8:30am ferry. I'll be there all decked out in my leathers. I'll be the red power ranger. Harps is Yellow power ranger.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts