BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to bad I am at work!

If you have been out enjoying a good ride on a nice day, by all means post up here and rub it in to me!

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
:(
i almost cried when i stepped out side and realized i had to work, i was tempted to take the day off, and just go ride

stupid work :*(

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
I almost took the bike into work today but it is still a bit cold for that! It would have been nice go for a nice afternoon ride.

Instead I washed the car. I can't remember the last time I have been able to enjoy a clean car for an entire day!

The 2006 riding season is getting closer!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I was thiiiiis close to skipping work and insuring the bike for a day and going for a rip somewhere...anywhere. but then stupidity sunk in and I came to work instead. argh.

·
Registered
162 Posts
beautiful out here on the island as well... and here I am, on my day off, with my drivers licence suspended! :banghead

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Mustafain said:
Days like today make me think - If only i knew someone who was still insured and didn't mind me taking their bike for a rip
A day permit with full coverage including fire and theft is $32, a three day permit is under $60. The biggest pain of the deal is going to an insurance broker and cooling your heels while they man the phones and wait for ICBC's painfully slow network to pull up the necessary data. Make sure you take a copy of your old registration and insurance with you. Speeds things up considerably if you do.

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
insured, 3 bikes to choose from and the only thing i have reasonable access to drive right now has the mandatory 5 wheels and adjustable armrests.

·
Bitey things are niceless
342 Posts
elevation said:
The 2006 riding season is getting closer!!!!
What do you mean riding season? You don't ride year round? It's always riding season!!! And it pays on days like this!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ready2Ride said:
What do you mean riding season? You don't ride year round? It's always riding season!!! And it pays on days like this!!!
no doubt. Days like this make me kick myself for storing the bike...although...the previous 27.5 days of rain kinda backup my decision to keep the baby in the garage and the battery in my condo.

:banghead :rant

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Took the bike into work this morning - A beautiful ride onto the ferry and across the fog and arriving at Horshoebay. Continued to cruise along the Upper Level with the thought of skipping work and riding up to Squamish constantly crossing my mind...only to be reminded of a meeting I have to attend. Spent the day looking forward to the ride back home - cruising along the Sunshine Coast Hwy, going past my house and all the way to Earls Cove.

·
Registered
212 Posts
heisenberg9 said:
A day permit with full coverage including fire and theft is $32, a three day permit is under $60. The biggest pain of the deal is going to an insurance broker and cooling your heels while they man the phones and wait for ICBC's painfully slow network to pull up the necessary data. Make sure you take a copy of your old registration and insurance with you. Speeds things up considerably if you do.
Thanks for the info but my bike is stored at BK for winter, so i can't take advantage of days like these :surrender

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I went down to Centralia, WA today, and there were lots of bikes out on the road (as compared to a crappy day). This is the first winter that I haven't insured my bike, and man do I ever feel the need today!!

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
took the beast to work today. I must say, it was quite refreshing. Did a first to second gear wheelie all the way up KG on the way home. Bet that turned a few heads. :evilgrin :rockon

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
VTwinVince said:
I skipped out this afternoon and blitzed around town. It's still a bit cold and slick in the shadows.

Yep a little slick out there but I had just enough time for a quick rip around UBC - saw a couple of other bikes too :thumbup

·
Lightly seasoned...
176 Posts
Bwahahaha! today is my saturday so I was out the door at 9am and rode down to Vic then home via back roads to Nanaimo. nothing like a road to yourself... only downside, mega fog in crofton...

Ride accomplished, mission to find 2 piece leathers for <$1k still ongoing...

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
i have been sneaking the drz to work, as long as its not raining when i leave. today was a great day to ride, its fokkin cold in the morning,but really nice on the way home. some of the guys at work think i'm nuts, but wtf do they know, as they only insure their Harleys 3 mos outta the year. pfffft

·
slower than ...
783 Posts
Greg and I had a great ride to Squamish and back between 2 and 4.
Awesome, especially since I remembered to bring electricians tape for the low winter sun on the way home.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, that four lane stretch from Horseshoe Bay to Lions Bay is going to take a big bite out of a few driver's licences.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts